Where you fishing this weekend?

Brian D

Nowhere this weekend.

Our family has its Christmas lunch a bit early as everyone buggers off over christmas proper.

However the week after is my expedition into Tallabudgera creek. Looking very forward to that one. It will also be an oppotunity to give my Yak a proper road test.

Angus

I will be heading out to the gateway on saturday night. Probably take old mate saxon out, hasnt been out for a fish for a while. And going on past trips there, should atleast get some moses perch. Little buggers wouldnt leave me alone there last time.:laugh:

Also got a few new lures i want to try out too!

fishing this weekend?:pinch:

i wish ! im going to be mowing and sweeping and cleaning pool filters cuz i got 1000000 rellys coming over on sunday!:pinch:

ash- hmmm what lures ya gunna test out on the gateway?;)

fishing on the weekend?:pinch:

but it will be very busy up my way on the water anyhow.....

Aaron H wrote:

Undecided yet mate, will have to throw the pots in at some stage for Xmas day (been given a mission by girlfriend to get some muddies for her parents, the things we have to do to stay in the good books :laugh: )

Hey Arron - where are you dropping your pots?

I didn't know you got a boat. What Sort?

I thinking that I going from VMR Redland Bay Saturday Morning at about 3am. Might head out to drop some pots off for some blue swimmers at the Pelican Banks then do a lap trolling for Mackerells and Tuna up to Peel, then maybe over to Aminity for some sharks, then back to McLean and Couchie for some sweet lip and squire. Pick up the traps and home by lunch time.

Dirty Rat: Let me know how you go mate.

Ill be down there next week, i want to try for trevs and jacks on my yak during the day. However i also mentioned to my future brother in law that i would show him how to catch some little bull sharks in the creek. Good luck!!

Angus

Brian: Sounds like you know the bay pretty well.

If it's 10-15 all day or is lighter in the morning, we might be able to head off the gold coast. But knowing our luck, the winds will be alot stronger. So we might try in the bay around Green, St Helena or Mud Isles; or head over to Harry Atkinson Reef

Brian

I suppose u could call it a boat, I call it a tin can that cost me a bottle of rum and $50 to weld. Just a little 11 ft tinny that I run with an electric (to lkazy to get boat licence at moment). Sits in the carport mostly except on a few freshwater dam and Tingalpa creek trips. If u need a fishing companion on the weekend Brian give us a call mate.

Brian D wrote:

Aaron H wrote:
Undecided yet mate, will have to throw the pots in at some stage for Xmas day (been given a mission by girlfriend to get some muddies for her parents, the things we have to do to stay in the good books :laugh: )

Hey Arron - where are you dropping your pots?

I didn't know you got a boat. What Sort?

I thinking that I going from VMR Redland Bay Saturday Morning at about 3am. Might head out to drop some pots off for some blue swimmers at the Pelican Banks then do a lap trolling for Mackerells and Tuna up to Peel, then maybe over to Aminity for some sharks, then back to McLean and Couchie for some sweet lip and squire. Pick up the traps and home by lunch time.

Brian the hot gos is that the crabs are on in the old barge channel. Beacon to beacon map 75g6 when you get to first or second red turn right and watch sounder when you get mto second channel ( about g6.6)head towards dunwich and drop pots on edge of drop off mate has been averaging 4 crabs per dilly per session and very good quality. It will be a bit hard with the big tides so make certain you use heavy pots or they will wash away. He has been doing ok with a 3pm start also.

Ray

Aaron H wrote:

Brian

I suppose u could call it a boat, I call it a tin can that cost me a bottle of rum and $50 to weld. Just a little 11 ft tinny that I run with an electric (to lkazy to get boat licence at moment). Sits in the carport mostly except on a few freshwater dam and Tingalpa creek trips. If u need a fishing companion on the weekend Brian give us a call mate.

Mate that would be great - I'll PM you.

Oh about your boat - if it floats it's a boat - if it sinks it's a dive site.:pinch: Sounds like a boat to me. I got a spare trailer at the momment so next time they do a freshie thing lets put em together.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/21 04:24

rayke1938 wrote:

[brian the hot gos is that the crabs are on in the old barge channel. Beacon to beacon map 75g6 when you get to first or second red turn right and watch sounder when you get mto second channel ( about g6.6)head towards dunwich and drop pots on edge of drop off mate has been averaging 4 crabs per dilly per session and very good quality. It will be a bit hard with the big tides so make certain you use heavy pots or they will wash away. He has been doing ok with a 3pm start also.

Ray

Brian

The reference is in issue 7. THe old barge channel applies to a gutter that runs parallel with the red line that is designated 23 degrees mag on the map . You just run up the normal channel and turn right anywhere past the last flashing green at the tip of snipe. The gutter is quite easy to find. You then steer towards Dunwich and drop your pots. I usually drop near edge of drop off in the deeper water.

It is usually safe to leave them unattended as it is a little bit away from the main channel although turtles and small black tipped sharks can be a problem.

Anywhere between the flashing green and level with the crossover beacon 73f7is ok.

Ray.

Brian,

No worries mate, although I do have a trailer, it is probably the only thing worth any money out of the outfit, that and the deep cycle battery, although that can be temprimental, had to row a few times before I worked out how to judge the amp hours and battery life :laugh:

Archived