OK who is fishing where this weekend

Brian D

Wind is pretty crappy for weekend, particularly sunday. (SSE 15 knots Saturday, 20 Sunday)

Aaron if your doing Hinze, I'd recommend the western arm, maybe even use the dirt ramp up the western arm.As the waves will be coming up the bay straight onto the concrete ramp. Its going to be rough in the open bay.

Feral wrote:

Wind is pretty crappy for weekend, particularly sunday. (SSE 15 knots Saturday, 20 Sunday)

Aaron if your doing Hinze, I'd recommend the western arm, maybe even use the dirt ramp up the western arm.As the waves will be coming up the bay straight onto the concrete ramp. Its going to be rough in the open bay.

Thanks for the tip o the wind

But isn't Hinze good on a SSE? I mean doesn't it go over the to? If anything it will help the run back to the ramp, but while fishing the wind will blow over the mountians? Just a thought

It gets a nasty short chop, a northerly or southerly blows up or down the eastern arm, and can make the ramp a bit of fun with waves if from the south, and a hard slog home if from the north. Would not worry your boat Brian, (unless your retrieving it on your own, might make it hard), but would worry a small boat.

On last weekend the NNE got up and we had heavy chop coming home. I was most worried about battery casue I only got 1 but as it turns out we got home sweet after about 6 hours on the dam.

I think to avoid disaster I'll be getting another battery. Don't want to spoil it with the missus

mmm Kookaburra can be hard to fish around low tide as it gets quite shallow (for bank fishos). Also if you are castnetting, be prepared to get muddy when the water is low! I've been wanting to do a Salmon trip there but tides are looking miserable, plus I have an engagement party Sat night to go to:(

I used to have no worries with a kia rio so camry will be ok. Its just alittle hard to see first time, Its a dirt track that drops off the bituchem on the left hand side whilst going down hill. If you come to a bridge with a bend in it do a uey and go back about 1 k.

The ramp is about 200 yards down the track. Its a concrete ramp.

Ray

No thats the other arm of the dam.

There is a sign warning of the need for permits etc, but it is pretty hidden. It looks like a bit of a pull off area, and is on the left, the bridge ray is talking about is the one just before the numinbah valley centre, where Steve's overnighters stay.

The turn in to the ramp is about 8km past the normal dam turn off, I have a couple of images that might help [img size=443]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ramp.jpg

Oztrav wrote:

hey jeff bout 3/4 of the way across at kooka is a nice looking channel lots of surface action throughout the night

thanks trav i'll keep that in mind, i reckon i'll head out there about 5 saturday arvo and stay the night. might go and buy a bigger cast net this arvo the little 6 footer is getting a bit sad on it.

brado wrote:

reef_raider, myself and a few mates will b heading to the hornibrook bridge for a saturday night fish. Will will b chasing bullies and whtver else wants our big baits.

Good luck there Brado - although I think you are beyond luck and indeed developing searious skill - look forward to photos.

Archived