snake

jeff f

jeff f wrote:

just got home from work to find a very pissed off 4' eastern brown with his head stuck through the mesh of one of my castnets

no way i could get him out except cutting the net

so he copped the shovel

I had my third for the season in my front yard yesterday!

Only a little (what I call a) Whip snake.

But I live in the middle of Toowong so i reckon 3 so far is impressive haha.

Angus

dassa wrote:

On a sadder note we had our 4 and half year blue cattle dog old biten by one of those little Fu###rs god I HATE SNAKES. So to take care and if you see one stay away :evil:

God I miss that little mongul :(

cheers dassa

unusual,blue dogs are generally great snake killers...poor little bugga

kiwifisho wrote:

Whiskers wrote:
Pine rivers golf course has a very healthy amount of brownies nearly stood on one looking for my ball last time I played :unsure:

I HATE SNAKES!!!!!

Do wat i did then Whiskers, sell ya golf gear and buy more fishin gear :woohoo:

Dean ;)

Ha Yeah mate I'm an angry man I should not play golf but I keep going back :lol:

Last year I did a lot of house drains around Toowoomba and Warick. A few times we'd be digging up inverts and we would hit there burrows and out they'd come in attack mode. Lucky the bloke in the excavator had a sharp eye and squashed 'em if they came toward us. One particular day we were sitting down having smoko and a 2m long browny crept up behind us, within 1m before we realised. Never knew I could jump so high! :dry:

jeff f wrote:

just got home from work to find a very pissed off 4' eastern brown with his head stuck through the mesh of one of my castnets

no way i could get him out except cutting the net

so he copped the shovel

What dont ya know anyone who sleeps with their window open at night Jeff? :evil:

Or even take the net down the boat ramp and leave it somewhere in the open while you go for a walk and see what crooks got a nasty surprise!

lot of browns and red belly blacks around this area .

same area as dassa and jeff f.

lots of bush about too.

bugger about the dog dassa .

been lucky that non of my kids or dogs have met snakes .its always me that runs into them .

its the only good part about the paddock being houses now .less snakes .

every time there was a grass fire there ,everything from the paddock would end up in our yards .

snakes seamed to moved to the water run off /creek land across the road so the visit less .:)

there is still a carpet snake in my shed but i never see it .it just leaves its skin about .but all good no mice in the shed .

if that's a brown it's a massive one!!!

my dad and brother had hunted a property out west about half a dozen times and never seen a snake. first time i get out there and i'm asking about them a lot - used to be interested as a kid - and get told to shut up about them.

sure enough......my bro and i start out on a 5 or 6 kilometre stalk and in the first 200 meters........5 foot red belly black.

sure makes stalking pigs hard when your eyes are stuck on the 3 metres in front of you!!!

Archived