Monduran 2010 Booked

Brian D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom B wrote:

Ok guys, we need to thank all the pro barra guys for boycotting abts plans for a split barra tour, the full tour now runs from the 12th until the 27th, with monduran being fished last on the 26th and 27th.

we now have clear water to fish

Sorry for the scare guys, and lucky Brian didn't pull out!

here is the final score for anyone intereseted

/>http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/bb3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11753

Yahooooooooo - thank Ray, his calm level headed "she'll be right mate" approach convienced me that we should go anyway.

Yes Dusty - I am going to fish that dam so hard the comp should be worried.

This is fantastic news, I am soooo stoked.

Dusky wrote:

I've just booked my campsite, not too sure where abouts it will be but I'll be there too, but I'm getting there on the 12th and leaving on the 16th as the wifes birthday is the 17th, so i can't miss that!!

Cheers Brian for organising everything mate, I hope to join the metery club before I leave!!

Now to work out the type of tackle to take??

Cheers.

Dusky, you join the club no worries.

About your tackle, it's pretty simple. Don't take all the crap I take, it's not needed.

50lb braid with at least 50lb leader, 3 or 4 for rods and as many known barra lures as you can pack. Then the rest of the room is for beer, food and a few clothes.

THis is such good news, I feel that it's worth going to work now!

• 6 months later...

Brian D wrote:

Well after speaking with Ray I am happy to confirm the Monduran house booking. I paid the deposit for the house (13/11/9-19/11/9) today. I have let the cabin go because if we have caught fish by then we won't need to stay and if we have not caught fish we can stay in town.

So house is

Ray, Do$, Bommie, Al and Brian $210 each.

Camping is

Dusty, Booty,Malcom, Wesfish and Gazza

Cabin is

Loz, Glenda Tom B, (maybe Ellicat)

I do appoogise for the hickup and the wobble knees and hope this hasn't stuffed anyone plans up. It's all about catching fishing in eth end so please forgive me! :ohmy:

Bump and update as a lot of you lnow Brian is Managing the Gladstone yacht club and is very busy so I am going to take over managing the house bookings which are Myself,Henry,Bommie,Al, Dino and Brian unknown at this stage but keeping a spot.

Will be a whole new ball game this time with everyone on a learning curve with the new water levels in the dam but still will be a good trip.

As normal I will be providing some redclaw for the cooks to experiment with.

Hint Henry. :S

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

Brian D wrote:
Well after speaking with Ray I am happy to confirm the Monduran house booking. I paid the deposit for the house (13/11/9-19/11/9) today. I have let the cabin go because if we have caught fish by then we won't need to stay and if we have not caught fish we can stay in town.

So house is

Ray, Do$, Bommie, Al and Brian $210 each.

Camping is

Dusty, Booty,Malcom, Wesfish and Gazza

Cabin is

Loz, Glenda Tom B, (maybe Ellicat)

I do appoogise for the hickup and the wobble knees and hope this hasn't stuffed anyone plans up. It's all about catching fishing in eth end so please forgive me! :ohmy:

Bump and update as a lot of you lnow Brian is Managing the Gladstone yacht club and is very busy so I am going to take over managing the house bookings which are Myself,Henry,Bommie,Al, Dino and Brian unknown at this stage but keeping a spot.

Will be a whole new ball game this time with everyone on a learning curve with the new water levels in the dam but still will be a good trip.

As normal I will be providing some redclaw for the cooks to experiment with.

Hint Henry. :S

Cheers

Ray

I'm up for it Ray :) I can attempt my dads recipe there...

also... can I just check the dates... 13 November 2010 till 19 November 2010?? Coz in Brians dates it says 09..... :)

Don't think I'll be able to make it for the entire time but wil be there for at least the first few days. Happy to pay the entire cost though :)

hey guys - any of you Guys going to be up there the weekend before for the fishing classic? I am taking my boys up to the classic but would love to come up join you chaps the next week but I would not want to tow the boat back just to tow it back up there again. I am camping for the classic. Can imagine the fishing is a little tough on the classic but I want to win the lucky door prise - maybe I have to steel some of Kreel's & Davo's to do this.

G'day ted I'm taking the misses and girls up there the week before the comp in october and staying for the week then going to 1770 the monday after the comp but if you want I can talk to my mother and see if you can leave your boat there as she live's in bundaberg and there shouldn't be any drama.

dassa wrote:

G'day ted I'm taking the misses and girls up there the week before the comp in october and staying for the week then going to 1770 the monday after the comp but if you want I can talk to my mother and see if you can leave your boat there as she live's in bundaberg and there shouldn't be any drama.

Cheers Dassa - I will keep that in mind. I am going to have a chat to the campsite and see if I can park it in the back shed. It will be good to have some familiar faces at the comp and my boys have a score to settle with your daughter after she took out first place at the SOO.

Ray the Comp is on the weekend of the 9th of October.

I'll be there, sending the missus and young fella to Melbourne so they can visit nanna, might have to be back for my wifes birthday though??? :silly: :silly: :unsure::unsure:

My first time to Monduran, so i'll be following your lead Ray :) and Brian :) if he turns up??

Got a camp site booked. :)

Cheers :woohoo: :woohoo:

dassa wrote:

Cheers Dassa - I will keep that in mind. I am going to have a chat to the campsite and see if I can park it in the back shed. It will be good to have some familiar faces at the comp and my boys have a score to settle with your daughter after she took out first place at the SOO.

Hey Ted,Andrea said to tell the boys IN YOUR DREAMS :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo: cheeky little bugger

where's your sense of adventure Ray.

I have big chunks of cutting board under my scotty mounts, to avoid big holes ripped out of my yak. I've had tuna hit hard and fast. Just leave the drag a little looser than in the boat and when you manage to get the rod out of the holder then set the hook. Never come close to tipping, but have been turned around and dragged backwards.

My main worry is a fish cutting across the stern of the yak and slicing me in half with the braid, as my holders are in front of me :ohmy:

kriso wrote:

hahaha thats awesome! if i manage to get up there and get a ride in certain officers boat i know i just want to crack that 1mtr mark after falling so close last year.

What do you mean if you get there? You will be there and you will have a seat in the boat.

Just scrounge up a tent and something to sleep on and I will have all the other stuff up there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived