Show us your Ride

Angus

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggles wrote:

I have a couple of yaks so I should probably just pop up one for now so as not to be greedy. This one is my Malibu MiniX, a small tight water yak specifically built as a fishing platform, a very nice machine to Captain. [img size=350]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/phpBeFkv6AM.jpg

Biggles now I reconize you from the other site AKFF, or should I say I recon your yak. Nice craft.

And Kelkhesak you should rego that with the navy.

• 2 weeks later...

just a question, after using my yak a few times it has got dirty obviously. after cleaning with some tank water and a scrubber it still has dirt and mud stuck in the surface because of its roughness. Now i know your gonna say im pedantic but i would like to clean it out. ive tried soapy water with scrubbers etc etc. will i have to gurnei (spelling:S) it?

• 1 month later...

Thought I would show you my set up!

I had the racks at the back of the ute made up and they slide on, slide off pretty quickly.

I upgraded the seat for more comfort and it has rod holders in the back of the seat to. Also, I went for a all fibreglass paddle whih just made sense. [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Yak_attack011_1_.JPG

post-2993-144598454643_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finall after a long wait I picked up our new Hobie Outfitter yesterday.After a few minor hickups (the wrong set of roof racks got delivered by the supplier to Sunstate Hobie) we had to drive back down to Maroochydore to buy a set. Fitted them back at Sunstae(thanks Mal) threw it on top and headed to Borumba for which in the end just ended up being a sun set peddle, decided to leave the rods in the car cause of how late it was getting as well as we just wanted to get comfortable with the feel of it(1st yak). [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Hobie_004.jpg

post-1898-144598456249_thumb.jpg

pcsolutionman wrote:

Nice mate good to see you got it all sorted in the end, Terry and I put in the hard yards and well I got rewarded to some extent. I wil put a post up when Terry sends me the photos :):)

Pitty we came back to late to catch up on the water, so how did the new beast go?

Lee

Cheers Lee all worked out well in the end mate. Very happy with the beast, it gets up and goes when both of us gave it a crack it was cutting thru the water very nicely, we launched around 3.45pm we would of probably heade 2-2.5km up the dam before we headed back.

New you guys were putting in the hard yards, the yak was on the roof and we were driving out at 6.15pm and you guys car was still there.

Heath

Just stuck with the stocko's, I had a look at the ST's sitting on Terry's revo they look nice.

How much are they I never asked Mal? Then I guess I have to double that price can't do the back with out doing the front I suppose.

Heath

Archived