Show us your Ride

Angus

Well i know there are a few out there now.

So everyone with a kayak lets see em! Also tell us what you have done to them to suit your needs.

Below is pictured the \"Long-Gorrie\".

She has three standard rod holders and scotty for trolling. The model is a viking Espri. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2-add130592f24e41e2892a66c6cfb1bc2.JPG

post-63-144598410471_thumb.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13. Given the option to buy a kayak again, I'd still choose the Prowler. [img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Moreton_Island_14022007_Rods_Deployed-115104cf11a5526064349958f4406cb0.jpg

The only fault is she doesn't come with those rod and reels in the photo :(

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/04/03 18:32

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Tempo is meant to have a capacity of 250kg.

So it should be very stable.

I think it would be more than as well, becuase the Espri certainly takes more than its indicated load.(150kg). I think ill be looking get another on the new year.

Not becuase i dont love my Espri, but i feel ill be wanting more storage space soon. (Fish get big :P )

Angus

Thanks trav, the old one caught me alot of fish mainly bass that was my first boat i got after getting totally hooked on fishig for bass in the upper brisbane river hiring canoes to get around. I learnt to to troll and read my sounder to find drop offs and find schooling fish on a sounder then i got into plastics,ice jigs, spinner baits and rattle traps I sold it to get something with a bigger motor and deeper hull so I could go out further chasing saltwater species out in the bay the new boat has a lot of fish to get to catch up to the old one. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/101_0364_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598413003_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, here are our two. Erica's is a Rosco Tidemark - 15 ft long, and mine is the far one, a Rosco Expedition - 18 ft long. Both fibreglass sit in type, and fast in the water, mine especially...and really good into a headwind. Not specifically designed for fishing like the sit-on types, but mine has a glovebox which holds my lures, I have a knife sheath cable tied in a handy position. It has a mast holder for a sail which I used to use for a rod holder when trolling, but I bought Berkley quick-set rod holders for both and they're much better. Mine has a very small entry cockpit which means my legs don't get the sun on them. Large storage capacity in the hatches, bulkheads just forward and back of the paddler, and side bulkheads as well to reduced the amount of water taken on board in a capsize. In fact, in deep water it can be rolled upright and the remaining water comes up to just below the seat. It's quite stable though. I take it out through surf bars, and around headlands. I've had some pretty big waves hit me....mostly it just slides along sidways in the whitewater, but I have eskimo rolled it.....(I'm also a waveski rider)...it's actually easy to roll compared to a waveski. What amazed me even more was that my $260 rod oufit was still in the rod holder when I came up!:whistle:

Oh, note the golf umbrellas on deck. You'll pay upwards of $300 for a kitted sail.......I had thius idea of using a golf umbrella, and it works a treat! The kayak flies along in a breeze. Cost..... $15 to $20!

The pic was taken at the mouth of Theodolite Creek, Woodgate. Beautiful spot. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/The_Boats.jpg

Post edited by: Alby, at: 2007/05/22 18:19

post-282-144598415636_thumb.jpg

PS...... I'm not a sheila:P , but I do wear a skirt in the open ocean...or on really cold days. It comes in very handy when pulling a fish on board. Due to it being a soft surface they flip, but hardly move...much easier to handle, and less chance of them flipping straight back into the water.

Post edited by: Alby, at: 2007/05/22 18:15

post-282-14459841564_thumb.jpg

Here the business end of mine. Not much there. That's a glovebox size hatch just in front which holds all my lures etc. Got a knife scabard next to the rod holder. Note the small cockpit. When launching you have tosit astride the kayak in the deck, then both feet int together and slide down into it. They are made with large cockpit as well, but the smaller one can cop a decent surf wave without ripping the skirt from the kayak. That's Toorbul in the background, taken from Birbie Island. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2706_1a.jpg

Post edited by: Alby, at: 2007/05/27 18:21

post-282-144598415869_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The triple Scotty is great. I got it from Hook1 online at a very good price. I have mounted the finder in the centre, rather then directly on the hull between my legs. it get's in teh way down there.

The seat is a `Crack of Dawn` and is very high at the back and very comfortable.

Paul

Archived