Success at Cooks Rocks

Angus

Well a massive thanks to Mr Wahry for taking James, Ash and I out for the night to Cooks rocks.

Im pretty knackered but ill wrap up the major events.

We hit the water at about 3:30pm and first stop was skirmish point were we managed a few flatties. (and grinners). We were hoping for some bigger pelagics here but it was not to be.

Before it got dark we headed over to Cooks Rocks just South of the passage. Well this is where the fun began. As soon as the moon breached the horizon it was fish a minute until we left at 12:00.

Notable catches catches were James large but lost shark, Ash's mystery fish which im sure will annoy him for ages and mr Wahry's Snapper.

Over the course of the night over 70 bream were caught and about 15 squire. A feed was kept but the majority went back. In saying that very few were under size with the majority being well over in the high 20s to early 30's. Several trumpetor and cod were also kept. Oh yes and a few rays.

All in ala great night and a great spot.

Angus

Picture: The Boat. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/TheBaot.JPG

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/05/06 19:31

post-63-144598413961_thumb.jpg

Haha! I just figured out why I thought James looked different.

Mate, you have shaved in the last month? :P And is that a haircut? or just a lack of light

:laugh:

Good to see you guys got onto the fish! Some great catches there

Unforunately, I was too busy getting locked in a bloody park. Go Chubb!

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/05/06 22:34

Sounds like a fun night. Nice of the captian do take all

you blokes at once, even nicer that he bought you back.

Now we know what James is going to look like in 20 years.

A couple of questions about the boat if you don't mind.

How did you find fishing from the front of the bow rider?

Would it be possable to fit a casting deck on there, then be able to fold it up and convert back to seating?

What was the bang factor like at the front.

Yeah it was a good night indeed. And yes Angus, that mistery \"thing\" that started out like a corpse and took off like a demon still BUGA ME! WHAT WAS IT??????

Brian, Jimmy's dad was saying that he did have a platform that he'd taken out that day.

When it chopped up, i did get abit wet. And when i say abit, angus and jimmy will laugh as i got soaked! I was sitting in the front part, but there was pretty decent chop and wind.

Great boat though, in fact im looking for something similiar for my next up grade.

Big 'O' thanks to Jimmy's dad too!

And I think Angus and i saw where jimmy gets his knack for pulling multiple fish in one sitting!

angus im sorry that it took me ages to get back online as i have been very sick of late:( couldnt even get online i was that bad...anyways here are some of the pic i took that night..some are very bodgy (had a bad nite with the camera)..thanx for coming along Angus and Ash it weas a great nite...would have loved to saty all nite but you know old buggas:P need sleep the oldies do:P [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/b-fa82983738689f1e2a30fa2926fee6c8.JPG

post-180-144598414504_thumb.jpg

Archived