AFO Wanderers Borumba Dam Weekend 13-15 May

crazywalrus

these are some I got for Borumba

ORDER DETAILS

A.B.N 36 003 995 220

ORDER NUMBER 83626

ORDER DATE 02-Apr-2011

ORDER DETAILS

ITEM CODE DESCRIPTION UNIT PRICE GST QTY TOTAL (GST)

KOKRS Kokoda Raptor + Bonus Pack - Blue ; XL $35.00 $3.18 1 $35.00

RWB2902 Trailer Safety Lock - Safety Lock $19.95 $1.81 1 $19.95

MBAN83 Anthrax - HT ITO Wakasagi ; 83mm ; 10.6g $43.95 $4.00 1 $43.95

RIV2SJC Jiggly Cicada 60 - Col B ; 60mm ; 9.5 grams $3.95 $0.36 1 $3.95

RIV2SBW Bully Wa - Col BW-07 ; 65mm ; 17.7g $9.95 $0.90 1 $9.95

RIV2SBW Bully Wa - Col BW-09 ; 65mm ; 17.7g $9.95 $0.90 1 $9.95

RIV2SB Buggi - Col 1 ; 35mm ; 4g $10.50 $0.95 1 $10.50

MUDDC65 Depth Charge - Col 3 ; 65mm ; Surface $13.95 $1.27 1 $13.95

TOTAL GST $13.38

TOTAL INC GST * $147.20

*This total DOES NOT include freight CLICK HERE for frieght information.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there will be a rally going on around Imbil that weekend so might be a bit busy and slow to get there with the spectators and road closures

/>http://www.caloundratourism.com.au/see-and-do/events/sports/2011-international-rally-of-queensland.html

Unlucky Brad, don't worry I'll catch your share of fish too.

Thanks for the traffic tip Tomca, might have to leave for Borumba a little later to avoid traffic.

Ted, the anthrax swims great! However mine barely gets a swim, very hesitant throwing it into snags... Almost like rigging a $50 note and going for a troll.

the fish in borumba love taking a swipe at surface lures, but end up whacking them into the trees. Little shallow running crankbaits like a damiki mu-sp that dives to 45cm are better at sticking to the fish

Cheers mate will have to get some before i head up there as well. Got to love the surface strike though :P

i was given the heads up on lures and i'm taking only 3 lures to use, yes 3! hahahaha. think i'm mad now? lol

:lol: :lol: what lures you takin rob? frenzy lures that are out a tune and that swims to the right and one that swims to the left and what you tellin me the third one actually swims straight :lol: :lol:

Thats it ay you gotta tune them ... ill be heading up fri arvo from deception bay owin the tinny if anyone else wants to get a ride, comin back sunday, whats the go with sites booked? might just get there and sort something out

i was given the heads up on lures and i'm taking only 3 lures to use, yes 3! hahahaha. think i'm mad now? lol

:lol: :lol: what lures you takin rob? frenzy lures that are out a tune and that swims to the right and one that swims to the left and what you tellin me the third one actually swims straight :lol: :lol:

Thats it ay you gotta tune them ... ill be heading up fri arvo from deception bay owin the tinny if anyone else wants to get a ride, comin back sunday, whats the go with sites booked? might just get there and sort something out

if your headin up friday arvo i can pick ya up straight after work, i'll be towin the tinnie into work that day.

• 2 weeks later...
As discussed on the weekend we are planning on holding another weekend at Borumba Dam on the 13th to the 15th of May coming into the full moon on the 17th. This should be a good weekend with a variety of fishing options. I would say that this dam is the most picturesque dams, at least in the southeast with rainforest and bush cascading down the steep hills into the water, lilly clad banks and standing timber. The dam has a healthy population of Saratoga, Bass, Yellowbelly and Mary River Cod if you are lucky enough. There are good options for everybody, you can fish land based on the banks of the dam or hike along the Yabba creek below the dam which sports a great population of the species above. There are many timbered sheltered coves to hunt for the elusive Toga with your boat.

I am sure that this weekend will hold a lot of appeal for boaties, tupperware army and land based fishos. Every AFO Wanderer weekend I have attended has been awesome with great socials and good fish. All are welcome and do not forget your redclaw pots as well.

We will be camping at the camp ground at the base of the Dam wall. Facilities include powered and non-powered sites, toilet and showers and fire rings.

Hey Mate

Can anyone tag along to this event ?

Archived