AFO Wanderers Borumba Dam Weekend 13-15 May

crazywalrus

As discussed on the weekend we are planning on holding another weekend at Borumba Dam on the 13th to the 15th of May coming into the full moon on the 17th. This should be a good weekend with a variety of fishing options. I would say that this dam is the most picturesque dams, at least in the southeast with rainforest and bush cascading down the steep hills into the water, lilly clad banks and standing timber. The dam has a healthy population of Saratoga, Bass, Yellowbelly and Mary River Cod if you are lucky enough. There are good options for everybody, you can fish land based on the banks of the dam or hike along the Yabba creek below the dam which sports a great population of the species above. There are many timbered sheltered coves to hunt for the elusive Toga with your boat.

I am sure that this weekend will hold a lot of appeal for boaties, tupperware army and land based fishos. Every AFO Wanderer weekend I have attended has been awesome with great socials and good fish. All are welcome and do not forget your redclaw pots as well.

We will be camping at the camp ground at the base of the Dam wall. Facilities include powered and non-powered sites, toilet and showers and fire rings.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice choice!! the ski lice are confined to the main basin :woohoo: there is so many heavy timber bays to get away from the lice and they are nearly all full of toga. surface lures and spinner baits the go at this dam, yabba creek surface, spinners and small minnows a good choice.

post-4300-144598579443_thumb.jpg

so if we come and are a new be to this site and have never attended a afo event, how do we go about it...for eg... how do we no if the other people are from afo ect

Hi madmulet. It is not hard to work out the AFO crowd as there is always a good group of people there and always someone has a BFP shirt on. The camp grounds there are not that big so it will not be hard to find us. I will go up early on the Friday and setup the camp site. Looking forward to this on and it will be good to see some new faces as well.

the camp grounds are nice and kid friendly , they can ride their pushies or scooters around with out the worry of heavy traffic. i will contact bob and dawn to let them know of the dates we will be up there, see if we can get a reserved area set aside for us. just one good heads up , stock up on surface lures :lol: prial pencils my fav lure, i still got the same one and it has not failed yet. once up there i will be willing to share methods and locations as to where i have found the toga. will be good to see how many first toga are caught! be great if every one who attends hooks up to this great fish!!

the camp grounds are nice and kid friendly , they can ride their pushies or scooters around with out the worry of heavy traffic. i will contact bob and dawn to let them know of the dates we will be up there, see if we can get a reserved area set aside for us. just one good heads up , stock up on surface lures :lol: prial pencils my fav lure, i still got the same one and it has not failed yet. once up there i will be willing to share methods and locations as to where i have found the toga. will be good to see how many first toga are caught! be great if every one who attends hooks up to this great fish!!

Just to add, Bob's not fan of noise so just a heads up keep it down :P

depending how badly I do on the first and second round of the KFT :blush: I might be able to make it to this. Hopefully the toga will still be on the bite. Last year they had shut down by mid april and were hard to find.

Yeah and KAF is on the money about Bob. I have seen him rip down a tent and send some louts packing in the middle of the night before, so if you guys plan on misbehaving, I suggest the deer park is the place to go.

Just touching on what kaf and tomca have posted the first time we went up there there were a group of guy and girls and by 11 oclock bob asked them to pull there horns in and go to bed and got told to f'off so he just called the cops one left in the mean time and got done for DUI and others got arrested.

But in saying that bob will go out of his way to help anyone with fire wood,fire pits and will tell you where the fish are bitting and dosn't like ski lice my kind of bloke.

My last thought I wouldn't stay at the deer park only because the ski lice think they own the place and I won't take there crap so maybe we camp right down the back of the camp ground

So i'm justing thinking out aloud here of what to bring

Big stereo

All my skis

My big ski tube

Lots of grog

anything else?

Kev and mal and brads mrs :lol:

If the tax man is good to me... cos i havnt done it yet... ooops, im stocking up on more camp gear and brining kel and boof head

So i'm justing thinking out aloud here of what to bring

Big stereo

All my skis

My big ski tube

Lots of grog

anything else?

Kev and mal and brads mrs :lol:

If the tax man is good to me... cos i havnt done it yet... ooops, im stocking up on more camp gear and brining kel and boof head

thats what i thought trav,then i read your post :lol:

Archived