AFO Wanderers Borumba Dam Weekend 13-15 May

crazywalrus

hey all so we can get an idea of how many are coming to borumba so we can get site's arranged pm me so we can get a list up i start.I'm thinking about 40

Dassa x4

Ross x3 (my mate)

Crazyman x3

Pussca x3

Aussie123 x3

Manni79 x2

tugger x4?

nomane x2

travis x3 kellie and bub?

moparkev x1

kreel & tacklebox

EUG x2 and mate's x4

plasticfantastic x1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey all so we can get an idea of how many are coming to borumba so we can get site's arranged pm me so we can get a list up i start.I'm thinking about 40

Dassa x4

Ross x3 (my mate)

Crazyman x3

Pussca x3

Aussie123 x3

Manni79 x2

think there is mark and his crew myself kevvie and trav might be a starter, well the missus said it was ok when i was over there hahahahaha so + anothe 6, 7 there.

Getting close now guys and girls. For those that have not been there before I have updated the event. Please find them below as well

Directions from the South (Brisbane)

Follow M1 north past the Cooroy intersection.

Turn Left 18kms north of Cooroy intersection.

Signposted "Mary Valley Scenic Drive", "Imbil" & "Borumba Dam" Big Brown sign

If you get to the Matilda on the left you have gone to far.

Follow signs to Imbil

Drive straight through Imbil. Sign posted "Borumba Dam"

you will cross Yabba Creek several times times - be careful as you cross the creek crossings as they can often be washed out with large pot holes.

Drive up to the Camp site which is on the right of the road as you enter the Dam area. If you reach the Ramp you have gone to far and need to head back down the road 400 metres.

post-7418-144598611106_thumb.jpg

T/box the camry will do it easy. The roads just a bit chopped up, but bitumen all the way.

Rob, the turn off is clearly marked on a good wide stretch of road, and just follow the signs to Imbil and keep driving through, and you will see the campground on the right a few minutes past the deer park

Thanks for the map Ted. 2WD ok?

It's unlikely we'll be able to get the Friday off so we'll head up after work.

As Tom said it is fine in a 2wd as it is bitumen all the way. the river crossings are bridges but with all the rain this year some are a little cut out and was trying to get people to slow down through them.

Rob - It is easy to find mate. You can not miss it. Straight through Imbil township and keep driving to the end of the road. About 7 - 9km down the road from Imbil.

I'd like to go but can't commit yet as I won't know for certain until the week of due to wifes shifts etc for that weekend. Whats the site costs etc?

No problems mate hope to see you there. Not sure of the costs but I do not think they will be too much. Just turn up and I think we will pay per person I think. They have allocated us a fair area to camp in.

Archived