2011 Moreton Bay Classic

AFO

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it $70 to enter for the earlybird thingy ?

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

If you register early for this event you can save with Early Bird rates.

Pay your entry fee before:

30th April 2010 = $50 per Angler

29th of June 2011 = $70 per Angler

You will not be able to register for this event after the 29th of June as the required Unique Item for entries will be emailed to Registered Competitors on the evening of the 30th of June.

what time does this 1 start early i hope ! hahahaha

extracted from Event Rules and Conditions

4. ONLINE EVENT RULES (MBC):

* Each Registered Angler will receive via email after 6pm AEST the evening before the event commences their Unique Item (in the form of a PDF file) and Angler Number. This PDF will need to be printed by the competitor and taken with them during their fishing as it is required to be displayed in each “Fish with Ruler†photo entry they take as it will be used to validate the date of your catch.

* Entry submissions will open at 10:00am on the first day of the event and close at 6:00pm on the final day of the Tournament.

So theoretically you can fish from when you have your Unique Item but submissions won't be open til 10:00am the first day

this sounds so wicked :woohoo: guess i will be booking a holiday from work for the week ;) i really like the fish selection this year too! i am guessing there will be alot of entries for this one with that time frame.

Wes thats the idea.

We wanted to try this different format as we thought it would suit more anglers both expert and ammatuer.

Also having the extra species should make things interesting.

Glad to hear positive feedback so far!

Angus

Great idea the longer format. It makes it easier for the weekend worker to participate. This way I know I can get a few days in even without knowing my roster this far out.

Cheers.

Excellent. This way one of our major consideration.

The fact you dont have to front up to a HQ in morning will also hopefully help a few people.

Angus

Dont forget to register early to take advantage of the Early Bird Special!

There is always someone bummed that they missed out but there is tonnes of time to ensure you get it. :)

Angus

got that all sorted last night gus. lol, i'm down already

The registrations are now fixed (and improved!) and open again!!

So register now for the 2011 Moreton Bay Classic fishing competition and save with the early bird discount

Did we mention the $1000 cash prize for lucky door prize!!

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/competitions/event-registration

A lot easier too it already save some basic info against my profile, nice one guys.

Angus i reckon i may scam just one or 2 days off, hire a tinny and fish my worries away probably 3 days to give it a good nudge

Sounds good Manni!

There may also be a couple of charters offering special rates for the event (BucKat List being one).

Failing that I dont dont there will be a few deckie spots on offer.

Good to see a couple of rego's already coming in guys!

Remember... dont miss the early bird special!

Angus

A lot easier too it already save some basic info against my profile, nice one guys.

Angus i reckon i may scam just one or 2 days off, hire a tinny and fish my worries away probably 3 days to give it a good nudge

Sounds good Manni!

There may also be a couple of charters offering special rates for the event (BucKat List being one).

Failing that I dont dont there will be a few deckie spots on offer.

Good to see a couple of rego's already coming in guys!

Remember... dont miss the early bird special!

Angus

Yeah cool, will keep an eye out for the charters or a deckie spot, plenty of good guys on here so should be a spot or to hopefully!!

I spoke to Warwick from BucKat List and he did say there would be a comp rate for charters. Ill make mention people are asking and I am sure he will get something organised.

Aside from that... Where is the banter? Who is keen? Who wants/has a deckie spot?

Angus

I spoke to Warwick from BucKat List and he did say there would be a comp rate for charters. Ill make mention people are asking and I am sure he will get something organised.

Aside from that... Where is the banter? Who is keen? Who wants/has a deckie spot?

Angus

i'm keen mate.

will be registering on pay day next week and will be looking for a deckie spot for the 2nd friday night/weekend. i'm too busy the first sunday to actually get out for a fish as i'll be running the GC half marathon, also thinking of chucking a sickie or 2 mid week so if i can't borrow the boat off the parents i'll also be looking for a deckie spot for that as well

Angus

i'm keen mate.

will be registering on pay day next week and will be looking for a deckie spot for the 2nd friday night/weekend. i'm too busy the first sunday to actually get out for a fish as i'll be running the GC half marathon, also thinking of chucking a sickie or 2 mid week so if i can't borrow the boat off the parents i'll also be looking for a deckie spot for that as well

I like your style.

We think with new format a lot more people aghould be able to get out. We figured that whether your a shift worked, weekend worker or a 9-5er there is an option for everyone. Plus not having to front up at the ramp gives people the ability to launch anywhere from Bribie to Jabobs...

Angus

One species per angler able to be submitted??

Is that supposed to read one fish per species or is it suggesting we are only eligible for one category for the comp?

Na thats our bad. Ill ge tthat edited.

You can enter as many categories as you want, just with one fish. However you can "upgrade" that fish throughout the comp if you catch a bigger one. We are having new software made to cater for this entry process.

Cheers mate.

Angus

Just have a bet with someone on who owns the Moreton bay classic name, can any one tell me who does.

Yeap. Brisbane Fishing Online.

Youll find the other event with a similar name added another word into theirs when they realised "Moreton Bay Classic" was already taken and had been used to run events already.

Who won the bet?

Angus

Right. I reckon I can earn about a grand out of this now... ;)

Will sort entry post pay day. Deckies are sorted. Now how much annual leave have I got available...,

NOT A CHANCE I got this susted from last year found all tuggers spots so this is going to be peice of cake CAPTIAN TOMCA just better get his act together :whistle: :whistle:

Archived