afo talapia cull social

madmullet

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone be prepared to catch quite a few turtles. If you hook one and you can see the hook, grab him round the neck and try your best to get the hook out. If they swallow the hook, then u don't have much choice but to cut the line off. You will know you have one straight away, it's like reeling in a giant brick...complete dead weight!

Everyone be prepared to catch quite a few turtles. If you hook one and you can see the hook, grab him round the neck and try your best to get the hook out. If they swallow the hook, then u don't have much choice but to cut the line off. You will know you have one straight away, it's like reeling in a giant brick...complete dead weight!

Mate I have fished there 3 times and never caught one. I think I may have hooked one once but didnt get it in, but have found that if you put your bait 30cm under a float and you're laughin. Also, i crimp my barbs usually

Yeah, and I have hooked a duck before :/

Chased it around half the pond before it stood still for long enough for me to grab it, hook had gone through top and bottom of the bill, so if I hadn't gotten it out wouldn't have been able to feed!

Chased it around half the pond before it stood still for long enough for me to grab it, hook had gone through top and bottom of the bill, so if I hadn't gotten it out wouldn't have been able to feed!

Jords how did the Yak go today did ya get out to test the sounder ? :)

Jords how did the Yak go today did ya get out to test the sounder ? :)

Sounder went really well mate, the rest of the day...really not so flash

who is bringing what?????

i have an idea. i will bring an assortmant of little goodies and i no james said he will as well, so we can give to the winner of the biggest tillie in kg, but i need a good reliable set of scales.

another idea i have is i want all the fish laid out on the ground and have a big group photo with them.

its a pitty the council and p.r.f.m didnt get back to me after 4 emails and 2 ph calls.

my number is 0432 4111 95 if you need to get in contact with me.

cheers kurt

I just fond out that work is, once again gonna get in the way of fishing :angry:

wont be able to make it... Dammit!

I was just looking at that map, I was thinking about that golf course on the news a while ago with bull sharks in one of the ponds that swam in there after a flood. The pine river would have flooded into there in January and there is nothing to say one of the big pine river bullies didnt end up in there, may be worth someone throwing out a big bait just incase?

I just fond out that work is, once again gonna get in the way of fishing :angry:

I was just looking at that map, I was thinking about that golf course on the news a while ago with bull sharks in one of the ponds that swam in there after a flood. The pine river would have flooded into there in January and there is nothing to say one of the big pine river bullies didnt end up in there, may be worth someone throwing out a big bait just incase?

not such a crazy idea you know...plenty off fish for one to eat...someone throw out a whole live tilapia!!

not such a crazy idea you know...plenty off fish for one to eat...someone throw out a whole live tilapia!!

Great idea, except due to the world's most logical laws, illegal :unsure:

Archived