afo talapia cull social

madmullet

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Just joined the group yesterday. Looks like you are holding this close to where I live, so if you don't mind I may try to show up with my son.

Not positive that we can make it or what time, but if you happen to see a short Yank with a tall, bushy haired, mouthy kid - that's me :lol:

ok i haven't taken much notice of this thread .

so is there a address to look up on goggle ?

i'm watching the kids all weekend so this sounds like a good one for them to have a fish at or play in the park .

got to drop a kid off for scout camp at 8 am so would think i would be there at 11 am ish for lunch and the arvo for a bit .

ok scrap the address i found it on Google 2 ponds at the park ,now to work out how to get there .

ok i haven't taken much notice of this thread .

so is there a address to look up on goggle ?

i'm watching the kids all weekend so this sounds like a good one for them to have a fish at or play in the park .

got to drop a kid off for scout camp at 8 am so would think i would be there at 11 am ish for lunch and the arvo for a bit .

ok scrap the address i found it on Google 2 ponds at the park ,now to work out how to get there .

Hope we can make it be good for my kids to catch up with yours again Davo oh and you too :lol:

Sorry I couldn't make it - forgot that I had made a deal with my wife that I'd clean the house today in return for last week's charter trip :blush:

I'll keep an eye on the events pages though. I love to fish, but haven't been able to translate my methods from the US to actually catching much here!

Ellicat + Tilly + Camera + Eug = Dead Fish Sex Pics Scandal! :woohoo:

3 turtles on floated bread

1 eel on unweighted bread

1 Tilly on unweighted prawn

Great day out, weather held, new faces, old faces, Staffys, ducks, excellent sausage sizzle, a hammer and a bucket of Tillys.

Thanks for putting on a great show Kurt! B)B)B)

Thanks Kurt for oranising the event and for Both you & and Ash cookng up the BBQ

Caught up with some familiar faces and a couple new ones :lol::lol:

I caught 1 turtle and dropped 3 Talapia - Facing the prospect of another freshwater donut, I hit up North Pine and got a few Bass & Catfish :woohoo: :woohoo:

P.S Ellicat, how can i say this.... your an idiot hahahaha :lol: :silly: :woohoo: i mean that in the nicest possible way lol you have a classic sense of humour, we need to go out for more fishing trips !!!

Bit crook at the moment and got crooker as the day wore on.

Made the mistake of bringing the pups along as I didn't intend to stay as long as I did lol Glad they managed to make it through the day without anyone kicking them :whistle:

Sweet to meet up with a few new and old faces. I wasn't at my social best today due to illness so sorry if I didn't seem too talkative.

Left my floats at home so had to improvise with an empty water bottle from the back of the ute. Worked OK :pinch: but came a gutsa after a few casts. Thanks to all that offered me a float. Appreciate it, and special thanks to the cod father. ;)

Beaut sausage sizzle and drink. Cheers to the suppliers and preparers. My shout next time. :blush:

When the bite's a bit quiet you need to make your own fun - so I'm an expert unfortuantely :unsure:

....it's even better when someone plays along Eug :kiss: :lol:

Davo, Hope the kids didn't over-plank it while you weren't looking.

i'm sure some time i will see photo's of what they got up to .

then the fun part i can give them a long lecture all about it .

it was a good arvo ,kids liked the play equipment there .they reckon it great ,they spent most the time playing .the fishing last all of 2 seconds .

i let a few baits soak for a bit ,but nothing happened .

took us 2 hrs to get there ,chose the wrong way to come through town ,not going to listen to the way Google maps says to go anymore .

gateway the way home ,was a longer drive in km but much quicker in time .

met some new face's and caught up with a few old faces too ,a good day out .

after everyone left mad mullet got on to a good fish ,very nice enjoyed watching the fight .

thanks for organising a great event kurt good to catch up with a few people i havent met and the usual nutts ,i even caught a few tillies and got to kill one with a sizze 11 stomp that truly grossed the missus lol

pity my daughter has all the skill and grace of her mother and went bum up on the flying fox badly bruising her arm guts wrist and right boobie the poor bugger must have been up side down when she landed still nothing like spending an arvo at the docs etc for naught lol

still cant wait for the next one

thanks to all

jason

to easy guys. i had a good time evan though i kept loosing everything. the highlight of my day is a huge p.b, that alot of you guys missed out on blistering runs on the 3lb line, but you guys will have to wait for photos and film :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Archived