dolphins around boat

myself62

went boat fishing near the fisherman island bridge yesterday, we had two dolphins aproach our boat, to my amazement they wanted to be touched, we spent half an hour interacting with them, when we decided to leave they followed us, was an experiance although we werent able to fish there.

does anyone know if these dolphins are regularly there? or has anyone had simular experiances?

i have reports about these,apparently it is a mother & offspring, they travel between there & manly getting handouts off fishos. the mother was injured a couple of months ago & baby was helping her get food. seaworld was notified & said all was good with them & she should survive, some have even given them names, i can't remember what.

would still be a nice experience having wild dolphins up beside the boat..

did a quick search, if it's the same one her name is Lily..

even found the thread,

how do you paste a web addy in here???

Post edited by: Felix, at: 2007/06/01 14:14

No doubt dolphins are majestic creatures but gezz they bugger up the fishing.

I caught one on a plastic once under the Boyd’s Bay Bridge – great fun for about 30 secs while it took a run then did an aerial back flip.

Dolphins go a fair way up the Brissy River – I have seen them up near Normans Creek but I would guess they go further.

Did you get any photo's

Wow!! Ive always wondered if a dolphin had ever been hooked!!

I always thought they were too smart to get hooked.

I work on Corro drive and theres two dolphins that often play around in the river in front of my building.

Obviously it would be released and you wouldnt want to kill it... but the fight would be crazy!!!

At Harry Atkinson's Reef, we had a pod of 4-5 dolphins follow us around all day. Eating all the fish we caught and doing amazing areobatics in between the boats. We even had one splash everyone onboard as it rapidly descended from the surface to about 10m below the water to eat a poor little baby snapper. Also, we caught some weird little reef fish that didn't swim down, but decided to swim quickly around on the surface. Sadly, the dolphins decided to tease it and would drag it around, let it go, nudge it with their heads. Was really sad watching it. Also, the boat hull amplifies the clicking sounds that dolphins use to communicate, so we could hear them talking all day.

Archived