Enoughs Enough!!!

Shane69

Word was out that a group of guys were nailing fish at one of our land based spots.

It didnt bother me or my mates because i know its hard to get legal during summer. We thought these guys realised whatever they caught. Well last week friday one of my mates found out that this group kept everthing they caught and they were fishing there daily no matter what weather.

We didnt have any hard evidence believe this. I went for a look on thursday night and saw nothing, Friday night again nothing. I just thought it was rumours n let it go.

Sunday i got a photo message from one of my friends saying hey this is what these guys being catching. I was shockded when i saw the photo and the caption under it. I have attached the photo to this report. Its a disgrace to fishing i reckon.

Well we decided we had to do something about it because if they carried on there would be nothing left there. We went for drive late sunday night and saw them there. Waited around for bit but had to go home as me n my mate had work next day.

Next day we got told they got 9 jewies. WE decided to again on monday. Waited around for while, we saw them come back to their cars with crate of fish. Didnt say anything as we wanted to see who exactly was there. We got few details and notified fisheries and they told us they cant do anything as none of their patrols were in area. That wasnt very helpful.

Next day in morning, My mate found out again that one of the guys got a big jewie last night and they were going again tonight. We were prepared this time. 2 car loads of us went. We notified fisheries earlier that if they didnt come we were going to take matters in our own hands because this was getting ridicilous.

We got there abit early and waited around. No sign of the guys we thought the rain scared them away. After sometime a fisheries patrol came along. We had a chat to the officers they said they were going to wait around all night until the guys finished fishing because without evidence they cant do anything. These guys were keen anglers too and we had a bit of chat.

Finally the car that we all waiting for drove past we got told to go home as they didnt want to make anything suspicious.

I got a phone call this morning saying they got the guys 3am and nailed them with a $1400 fine foe possession of 7 undersize jewfish.

We were all hoping for more but hey its a start. Im sure next time these guys think about doing anything illegal theyl think twice. Im glad we didnt take matters in out own hands and let the fisheries deal with it.

Im posting this report on this site as i want people to know.If you see anything wrong speak up because sooner or later they will get done.

All day i being getting abusive messages from the guys who got done saying it was the low act.

All i got to say to that is " You do wrong, You pay for it".

My biggest regret is one of the guys who was with the group was my so called mate. I showed him spot while back and showed him how to fish there. Before me he didnt know what lures and plastics were. He took advantage of it and tried to clean place up.

Shane

post-9281-144598747169_thumb.png

post-9281-144598747184_thumb.png

post-9281-144598747197_thumb.png

post-564-144598747414_thumb.png

post-564-144598747368_thumb.png

post-9281-144598747217_thumb.png

post-9281-144598747227_thumb.png

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny to see some other members who used to "thank you" this guy are now jumping on the band wagon (you arent much better for keeping quiet and encouraging him), it was so obvious that he was doing it.

Disappointing to hear these fish were sold for profit. Good on ya Shane.

Eug

I for one was not aware that this low life was taking everything he caught, regardless of size. If I had known I would have gone there one night and had a "word" with them. He always made out it was alot of catch and release.

I wish the fisheries had taken all their gear off of them and destroyed it.

And 48 kilos of meat is disgraceful

Well done shane very well played all I can say is karma now fisheries need to do more of this now in the river and catch the rest of idiots doing the wrong thing I've pulled a few people up at the ramp and on the water with keeping undersize Jews let's hope there people like yourself and dob them in well done again cheers shane

What an absolute disgrace !!! good on you Shane for getting fisheries involved and good to see they got fined.

Personally would have loved to see their gear confiscated as well !!!

What satisfaction do you get from taking some many fish & then attempting to sell them as well WTF?

Remain calm people.

There is no benefit in banning this member.

If that had been done in the first instance then this whole successful "sting" may never have occurred. ;)

Let them come

Let them linger

Then send them to Shorncliffe Pier

To get the Drunk's finger !

:woohoo: :lol::lol:

I'm disgusted, I had no idea his catch and release policy was straight into his esky :evil: Low life scum, should have received a hell of a lot worse than a $1400 fine. Makes me sick to think I thought he was a good kid, no wonder he got so fired up when he was caught out. Can fisheries do anything with those photos or have they already done what they can? The scumbag will be back out there again next week, AFO lynch mob you say? Let's go!! Wish I could take back every positive thing I said about him :evil:

Wow and after he had been sharing all these reports of jew, I wonder why he was recyling photos from old reports in his new ones... it was pretty obvious, go back through his posts and you'll see the same pics recycled (pointed out to me by another fine member) maybe all of his others were undersized but he couldnt help telling people he'd caught fish.. At least I know what he looks like now and I can keep an eye out like most people will, the best deterent these days is cash.. You go belt someone like you used to be able to it just ends up in dramas, we all want to do it from time to time but its pointless... that is of course unless you are fingered by the relative of hopawati who resides on shorncliffe jetty... then... go at it

Totally flabergastered by all of this - the number of fish, the openly brazen nature of the gloating. I don't know him from a bar of soap and had no idea what he was up to. Fine should be more but at least it will make him think twice. And like someone said - we all know his face now so will make it harder for him.

Good work Shane.

Funny to see some other members who used to "thank you" this guy are now jumping on the band wagon (you arent much better for keeping quiet and encouraging him), it was so obvious that he was doing it.

Eug

Eug, I used to encourage the guy, I was happy to hear he was catching fish and having a great time, I had no idea what he was up to,It was not obvious to me at all!

Not a real fair comment, If it was so obvious to you why didnt you say something? Maybe you are the one who is not much better for keeping quiet.

Am I supposed to be suspicious on you as well, maybe you are doing the same!

Anyway, Glad to hear he was caught, every dog has his day

First off I apologise if you've taken this personally Carter. My initial wording could have been a lot better. It was more so aimed at the not so active users who lurk the forums trying to flog other people's spots (yes they are around).

Secondly, I did pass on a quiet word to Brian as well as openly confront the user in question about reposting fish from previous reports. Both Adrian and Khoi (both well known members) also openly stated that he was fishing illegally, not to mention Shane's posts before they got moderated. All the signs were there however it just simply got lost in the dribble of "thank yous", "thanks for sharings" and "great reports", etc. A minority of users were probably trying to find this spot for themselves and probably looked beyond the fact that he was fishing illegally, reusing images and/or exceeding his catch limit.

So I think your own comments aren't fair since it was openly pointed out, you just failed to read them.

My comment was not aimed at everyone just those select few (they know who they are) as they also befriended me in order to fish a spot I used to fish in exactly the same manner (I can sympathise with Shane).

You don't know me from a grain of salt Carter so you would have every right to be suspicious, however I should be up your way for the Summer Classic so lets see if we can change that over a beer?

Let's not take anything away from this thread, good job Shane and all the authorities involved.

Cheers

Eug

Eug

Eug, I used to encourage the guy, I was happy to hear he was catching fish and having a great time, I had no idea what he was up to,It was not obvious to me at all!

Not a real fair comment, If it was so obvious to you why didnt you say something? Maybe you are the one who is not much better for keeping quiet.

Am I supposed to be suspicious on you as well, maybe you are doing the same!

Anyway, Glad to hear he was caught, every dog has his day

good work shane, its a shame that you had shown someone how to use lures and fish certain spots in good faith only to have it pillaged like that, its no wonder that photos get the background blurred and reports dont come as often when this could potentialy result.

that said, great job to get a little hurt on him in the way of the fine, we know who he is and everytime i launch my boat there i will keep an eye out for him and call fisheries.

good on Eug, Khoi and Adrian for speaking up as well, good karma to you guys

Well done mate!! I love showing people new spots I have found or been told about. But I the same pretext I hate when you see them abuse that privilege of information. Makes it harder for people like us who love fishing and do the right thing to get shared information on good fishing spots.

Trust hard thing to get..

I'm normally a catch and release only. But my mate really wanted to cook up a fish last night so for the first time ever I took a fish home for him to cook up. E said oh I'll do it another night, so I went off telling him I could've put it back ect ect. So I guilted him into doing dinner last night lol. Was tasty but still I just like the sport.

I'm glad they got busted mate and glad you didn't personally do it, sounds like the sort of person that would end up getting you into more trouble than them.

Well done Shane and the authorities, i think this whole episode shows that it is cool to help protect our fishery by reporting illegal activity to the appropriate people.

Even though they are understaffed they are trying to do the right thing, as stated a lot of them are fishermen themselves and just love catching these guys.

They do not have enough staff to be everywhere but if a location is reported a few times they will investigate.

Just remember it's not dobbing it is "Protecting Our Fishery" , cheers wayne

Archived