Enoughs Enough!!!

Shane69

In regards to the picture with the white bucket, it could be the tweed heads sand pump.

I've seen a few photos of people fishing there during the tailor season, catching as many as 200 fish between 2-3 people and then going to a fish monger in Inala and then selling them all for profit. This happens on a daily basis during winter tailor season.

I haven't seen it with my own eyes but i've heard about this happening a lot. I've also seen the pictures that display this sort of activity happening.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know moses but i do now and im kind of glad about that, his mates are just as bad,deserve everything they get.

thats the weakest excuse ive ever read :lol: all i seen was blah blah blah im gonna do it again blah blah blah

and taking pics of it all happening is absolute gold!! hope the shop gets pinged too, one less place for the buckets to end up.

its not just brissy that this type of thing happens ,just take a nice drive along the spit on the goldy and they are packed in about 2-3m apart from each other,same goes for coomera boat ramp under the m1 :evil: see it all the time and it does make me rather angry, ive had a few run ins with the wbb at both places

props for naming and shaming!

Good to see that he was caught but the fine not much the goverment has to put more money into the fishers dept.so they can be out 24hrs in the hot spots and get more people on the ground doing checks.I have been fishing se qld for ten years and been checked by them twice and not once after buisness hours.Get there prescence at the boat ramps and land base spots and get the blokes doing the wrong thing to think twice and maybe check there pots while there there!!!!!!!!

lets put the punishment into some context.

I've seen people that get booked for DUI that get a similar fine.

I belive that DUI is a way worse offence.

Whilst everything he has done ruins the name of Rec Fishoes. There are far worse things to do.

There are people on here that have done time for other offences. But a lot of you guys call them Friends.

It needs to be kept in context

lets put the punishment into some context.

Ive seen people that get booked for DUI that get a similar fine.

I belive the DUI is a way worse offence.

Whilst everyt5hing he has done ruins the name of Rec Fishoes. There are far worse things to do.

There are people on here that have done time for others offences. But a lot of you guys call them Friends.

It needs to be kept in context

DUI ??? DOH driving under the influence

20.0000+ hits , his picture all over the place. Time to let him go and although he has done wrong, openly admitted it, and possibly well deserved, the personal attacks on this young bloke shouldn't be warranted? Chase the shop now. The kid has copped a fair hiding on here and doubt he has many friends on here anymore. Although what he has done is a terrible thing especially the trust broken from people that helped him, and also probably wrecked it for others like myself that want to head out and fish in good spots. Remember he is still a kid 19. And I hate to think that he gives up a sport in fear of physically being hurt whilst out there. Moses I hope you sincerely have learnt a lesson from this And others understand that we as fisherman are a passion group, like duck shooters we love our sport and when we come across the minority that can potentially spoil it for the ones that do the right thing, all he'll can break loose.

Don't know the kid, never meet him but if someone is out there physically threatening him I think that's taking the game a little too far?

Just my thoughts.

20.0000+ hits , his picture all over the place. Time to let him go .....Chase the shop now.

Just my thoughts.

Shop currently being chased :)

I made a visit to Mon's Fresh Seafood and Takeaway this morning and had a bit of a poke around. The place was pretty busy with quite a lot of variety with the species sold, especially compared to the normal Seafood shops. Some apparant undersized fish spotted but hard to get pics and show scale when they are very jumpy about any pics or video inside the shop.

In the end I just gave up and was rather blatent in filming, with the accussed Jew buyer in the pics with Moses telling me that I can't film inside, stop filming etc etc, and other another staff member doing the same.

I just gave in and politely walked out with what footage I could get.

The same person looked pretty worried, especially when he threatened to call security and have me removed, and I responded with "how about we call fisheries as well and have them meet us here."

I didn't want to stir the pot too much so just headed out the door.

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]SfK5NqXguAE

post-9629-144598748417_thumb.jpg

post-9629-144598748434_thumb.jpg

post-9629-144598748444_thumb.jpg

Agreed and without access to the exact weigh in room you can't say for sure which shop it is, as Ellicat pointed out. Unfortunately when you see the same character in Mons as in the pic with Moses with his arm over his shoulder gloating over 48kg of undersized Jewfish, any business association with that particular character has to go under suspicion.

20.0000+ hits , his picture all over the place. Time to let him go .....Chase the shop now.

Just my thoughts.

I made a visit to Mon's Fresh Seafood and Takeaway this morning and had a bit of a poke around. The place was pretty busy with quite a lot of variety with the species sold, especially compared to the normal Seafood shops. Some apparant undersized fish spotted but hard to get pics and show scale when they are very jumpy about any pics or video inside the shop.

In the end I just gave up and was rather blatent in filming, with the accussed Jew buyer in the pics with Moses telling me that I can't film inside, stop filming etc etc, and other another staff member doing the same.

I just gave in and politely walked out with what footage I could get.

The same person looked pretty worried, especially when he threatened to call security and have me removed, and I responded with "how about we call fisheries as well and have them meet us here."

[attachment=45952]2012-01-2910.56.37.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=45953]2012-01-2910.56.48.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=45954]2012-01-2910.59.40.jpg[/attachment]

They dont even know what fish they are selling. If you look at the Scats they have for sale, they put a sign on it under the name of John Dory. it must be reported. and as for people thinking Moses has had enough. He is an adult. he knows the difference from right and wrong. and the fine is too soft. Good on you Shane... This is a start. if you dont get one, you wont get any of them. Another spot needs a good look at is Newstead. I have seen old guys catch undersize threadies and run off trying to hide it. I have no proof, but its a hot spot as well that needs a look at.

Just my thoughts.

I made a visit to Mon's Fresh Seafood and Takeaway this morning and had a bit of a poke around. The place was pretty busy with quite a lot of variety with the species sold, especially compared to the normal Seafood shops. A few undersized fish spotted but hard to get pics and show scale when they are very jumpy about any pics or video inside the shop.

In the end I just gave up and was rather blatent in filming, with the proud illegal Jew buyer crying out to me that I can't film inside, stop filming etc etc, and his other staff members doing the same.

I just gave in and walked out with what footage I could get.

The accompliance to Moses (goes by Toniie Nwuen apparantly) looked pretty worried, especially when he threatened to call security and have me removed, and I responded with "how about we call fisheries as well and have them meet us here."

[attachment=45952]2012-01-2910.56.37.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=45953]2012-01-2910.56.48.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=45954]2012-01-2910.59.40.jpg[/attachment]

Bro what are you trying to here seriously

Why you trying to be a hero for.

You have possible ruined what we have all being working for slowly.

Any of us could have gone into shop and taken photos. Whats that going to prove?? Theyl just say moses is a mate. you have to catch them in act.

Even with the photo of moses and guy we cant prove anything. These guys have being in the business for too long theyl just pull out receipts of fish bought from somewhere else. How i know?? Fisheries told me this.

Because of you saying you going to call fisheries on them, do you think they not going to be more vigilant now. They will move all the stock now. These guys have being in this business for too long.

You should have left the fisheries do their job. They were on it mate. they would have busted them Without notice we might have had a result.

Dont you think moses wouldnt have told them this already, i dont think you know this kind of stuff never comes out, its a very quite organisation and now when it has you have ruined it mate.

I can gurantee you the guys from that shop or their family are reading this now. They will do anything now to prevent them getting caught.

You need to be careful about fish being undersized as they may have been purchased through the markets or some of the bigger fish momgers who import fish daily from other states.

Same goes for female crabs,these can be bought from NSW and sold here in QLD.

I found it interesting that he had a black market outlet lined up so no doubt he has done this plenty of times before

A bit off topic but still pertinent.

If you have evidence/photos etc please inform fisheries before posting as Shayne correctly did.If Shayne had simply named and shamed without involving fisheries the thread would have simply ended up as a "he said= I said" and people being unable to make an informed opinion.

There will be absolutely no chance of fisheries being able to ping the seafood shop after it has been named .

I do not think that they have already been raided or else they would not have had undersized fish on display.

Cheers

Ray

Bro what are you trying to here seriously

Why you trying to be a hero for.

You have possible ruined what we have all being working for slowly.

Yes I do think that Moses would have told them already, probably days ago.

And u are right in saying that they would be following this thread after being informed by Moses and if they were smart, as you say they are, then the chances of them being caught red handed are very slim.

Isn't the end aim to stop the sale of illegal fish? If they are concerned that they are being scrutinised then they don't have a market for sale, so hopefully this practise comes to an end.

I highly doubt my actions today have had a negative impact on fisheries catching them, as they've had days to clean up and cover up any illegal activities, especially, as u pointed out, Moses and his mates, along with thousands of others, are well aware of the heat.

I'm happy to delete posts, no problem at all.

Sorry if u think I've stuffed up, I apologise if u think so.

Ultimately the more poeple are aware of what's going on and where the less likely we'll see a repeat.

Cheers

EDIT: I'm not trying to make enemies on here either as I've seen how that turms out over the last few days too! :unsure:

Im not having a go at you man.

But theres a way of getting around this.

Moses would have told them but it was all words today you went pointed finger at them. They know its serious now.

We all trying to get rid off illegal fishing mate. No matter how much heat theyl still sell it but from diff shops and locations. Theres too much demand for it. N im sure them taking the risk pays off.

You tell me. Soo many people know about mass murder of taylor at coast in season. Everyone knows they get sold to shops.

How come nothing gets done ???.

Like i said before its a strong and quite organisation. Nothing ever gets out.

You cant do anything without evidence these days you need to catch in the act.

Saying you going too call fisheries is just going to make them more vigilant. It wont stop them.

Catching them in act will stop them.

All done, the dude's been deservedly fried. He'd be too scared to go fishing now anyway. Lock it mods. I've read enough.

:unsure: Hmmm not sure about that, he was out there at 4am this morning in his usual spot, we got a death stare as we motored past in my boat.

Wre you scared? :dry:

You would only be scared if you were undersized :side:

look im not defending him or by far his actions, and from what ive read here it seems not to have deteored him from fishing in this spot. but then if he is continueing to fish there and only take legal fish well at the end of the day his not breaking the law doing so? morally he should not go back but each to thier own!

as for 19 yes i think you still are a kid at that age, and can still be taught and learn from your mistakes.

i can say when i was 19, how i never got done for D.U.I or killed someone or myself is phenomenal but today i despise drink drivers and ashamed of how i was when i was 18-21 and bulletproof.

all im saying is he foobared up, been fined ( although may not have been high enough) and has copped some abuse and disgust from here and from people who were friends of his. and he has the chioce to read these post or not too, and i can only assume what he says is happening, with the threats of physical violence and personal abuse and i think if that is the case it should stop?

so would be good to get off this subject now and back to the fishing post and stuff.

look im not defending him or by far his actions, and from what ive read here it seems not to have deteored him from fishing in this spot. but then if he is continueing to fish there and only take legal fish well at the end of the day his not breaking the law doing so? morally he should not go back but each to thier own!
You are not allowed to fish in this spot, that's breaking the law. But is that alright because he is not taking undersize fish?

Also we all know we did some stupid things when we were younger but I, for one knew when to quit it. If you get pulled up on something then you pull your head in and stop doing it, it's that simple. Everyone will back off when he truly shows that he is remorseful and starts abiding by the law, until then it won't happen. I don't agree with the threatening comments but by all means these people (not just Moses) need to be publicly outed and a bit of pressure put on.

i agree totally with your statement.

sorry wasnt aware it was illegal to fish there? .... didnt someone from here show him this spot ? and if it is an illegal spot to fish , why were they there in the first place ?

I showed him the spot mate.

I fish there via boat. If i fish off land i fish legal side.

The rule came through end of last year as one of the newbies fishing there fell off n hurt themselves.

He fished illegal side n he learnt himself to cross railway bridge. I didnt even know you could.

I always took hassle of taking big boat if i was fishing river or way after.

Or take small boat if fishing just spot.

Shane

Archived