Wello Point 15/7/7

Brian D

Got up too early and it was too cold but worth every pit of suffering, except the part where I the bullrout syndrome and dropped a good fish when my knott come undone.:blush:

But on the other hand little smarty pants Aaron just kept catching fish. It should be noted that he had the lucky side of the boat.

Check out the colors on this baby [img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/aa3.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/07/15 14:01

post-118-144598421023_thumb.jpg

Hahaha well done guys!!!

Shame you missed the BBQ it was a great way to start the morning. Thanks to all the guys who brought nets and showed us how.

I ended up out there with Chubbstar. We managed over 30 squire (at least) in the end. Biggest ones were around the 15cm mark :P But for a while there is a fish every cast. These were all on bait. We had a fair few bumps on the plastics, and two good runs. Im pretty sure both bumps and runs were just the little squire.

On a good note, to be honest catching over 30 little squire did not really phase me. The breeding population must truly be doing their job!! I have heard rumour the wello point reef might become part of the protected zone. To be honest if thats the case, with all those little guys there, it cant be a bad thing. Ill see them later out a bit deeper :)

Thanks again to everyone who came, brought food, cast a net, had a fish etc.

And Ray thanks for the creel, i love it. Ill grab that rod rack ASAP mate.

Angus

Yeah it was a shame we missed it, probably my fault due to running late to meet Brian (I was sure I set my alarm for 2:15):blush: And once we were fishing I think we forgot about it till it was to late. And u should of seen the look I got when I got home with all the stuff I was gonna get rid off.

Yeah sorry about missing the meet but blame the weather. The plan was to hit the reef early and be back for breakie but as it was so rough on the reef it would have taken us too long to get back. We couldn't get over about 13 mph on return.

Yeah Feral that's a good one, thanks - I was busy doing captain stuff.:whistle:

Myself and the missy headed to green Island early to try and find a dawn fish but without success.

Then had a nice morning meeting a few of the guys. Great feed thanks to all that provided, except the bum nuts seemed a bit on the light side. (Must have been diet bum nuts.)

After our net session and brekky headed back to the water with that copper bloke and Shane in toe, had a fish at Green again without any results. So Asked Gary aka Booty if he wanted to give Harry Atkinson reef a blast. Wow, i was surprised at the quality there. Piccy says it all! [img size=410]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_0002-f0587dba2c8eaa2b58bab960396426c8.JPG

Post edited by: Master Sardines, at: 2007/07/15 18:20

post-1304-144598421072_thumb.jpg

So we headed back to wello reef.

[img size=404]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_0004-1c2f62657c409e38f2be8f4f7304ffda.JPG

At Wello this was my catch of the day.

So enough was enough I said the the missy if she wanted to go for a look at Peel Is.

Post edited by: Master Sardines, at: 2007/07/15 18:27

post-1304-144598421075_thumb.jpg

Master Sardines wrote:

Myself and the missy headed to green Island early to try and find a dawn fish but without success.

Then had a nice morning meeting a few of the guys. Great feed thanks to all that provided, except the bum nuts seemed a bit on the light side. (Must have been diet bum nuts.)

After our net session and brekky headed back to the water with that copper bloke and Shane in toe, had a fish at Green again without any results. So Asked Gary aka Booty if he wanted to give Harry Atkinson reef a blast. Wow, i was surprised at the quality there. Piccy says it all!

Somehow I am just not feeling the love? And I am Greg!

Yep, pretty much as what Master Sards said. Searched around with Shane (Nafa) as deckie, great to fish with you. We boated many fish but nothing worth wasting ice on. But I did mark all the spots in the GPS for another day!

However, what the day lacked in fish was more than balanced by meeting some faces behind these threads, having and few sausages off the BBQ and throwing my shoulder socket out with a cast net. (Somehow, frozen bait from the servo still looks an attractive proposition to me)

All in all a great day and looking forward to the next outing

First of all gota say a big thanks to lozzel for taking me out to the reefs it was awesome. while not a biggen rapped as today caught squire for the first time and managed to boat a legal one too. thanks to angus as well for brekkie and master sardines for his netting skills put on display it was great! heres a few pics of the day

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fidhing_016_AFO.jpg

post-1088-144598421366_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the day out Kris, I enjoyed your company and it was good to see your PB squire come onboard.

I had a couple of good hits on the floating pillies, but no hookups. I need \"Lady Luck\" as my deckie as she always catchs us a feed.

Thanks to Angus and the guys for Breaky and the points on how to throw the nets.

All in all another great AFO outing,and many more to come in the future.

Here is a few more PICS from the day.

One happy little chappy.Kris with the catch of the day.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0725.JPG

post-742-144598421377_thumb.jpg

I thought it was a great morning :)

it was good to meet people and put faces to names and I'm happy to say I found the way I used to cast (still needs work lol) thanks Dos I'll practice more ;)

Ray I have a name for my new smoker c3p0 lol

and thanks Dino my newly aquired 5000 sits nicely on my ugly stik and rosscoe was wrapped he went fishing with 2 outfits and came home with four if this keeps going we will have more rods and reels than BCF lol

On the fishing front as we curcumnavigated peel isle

we searched for live bait no luck with our newly found cast net skills

but we did find a shit load of grinners and these little rainbow things I'll post a pic tried live baiting them but no luck

But all in all we had a relaxing day

Gaz and Ross

he's to slack to post

Looks like you guys had a great time. this was my day, I got up around 7 and due to girlfriend agro we didnt get there till 8:30.... i drive around the car park with boat in tow and couldnt see anyone. Very upset i did a 2nd lap just to make sure but suprise suprise still no one.

So i figure oh well i must have missed the bbq and swap ill just head out to harries and ill prob see some of the fellas there.

After smashing through the gigantic seas in my tinnie we finally made it out there 20 minutes later to find..... 0 yes thats right ZERO boats so i used the fine skills the captain james cook employeed when sailing. i shot a few bearings by extending my left arm and aiming it for the 2nd dune on moreton and my right arm aiming it for the tallest peak at wello.

Yep looks about right we should be there. Throw the anchor down, catch a whiting a few boats rock up and park next to me. This is how bad fishing sessions start all these people thought we were on the reef so they pull up next to me lol.

Then we decided to move and my anchor wouldnt come up......by this time im furious!!!! so after 20 minutes I grabbed the knife and went to cut it and after a decision to give it one more reef PRAISE THE LORD its free :D get it up and turns out i had hooked someone elses anchor rope, it had been there for a while there was a growth on the rope etc. so we headed back to wello...this time heading into the swell and holy mother of god BANG BANG goes the bow, straigh after these bangs for 10 minutes i hear OW.. OWWWWWW from my girlfriend as hear butt smashes down on the seat so i got her to motor and i stood up the front holding onto a short bit of rope and that was a bit easier...almost went over a couple times it was fricken awesome.

So i get home what a disasterous day and log onto AFO only to find Castnet training day and swap meet 15th of July is a SUNDAY not SATURDAY AHHHH im such a moron :(

Sounds like you guys had a great day though

Oh donkey - you poor bugger. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, so I'm doing both, laughing so hard that I am crying!:laugh: :woohoo: :evil:

Mate I know about days like that. ;) I always find it hard to break through with a new group. It seems like there are brick walls at every turn but you know what, just relax and it will happen. I have to give my wife priority before fishing and boating or everything turns to crap. Sounds like you got same problem.:pinch:

Let's see how next weekend goes. ;)

That would be 21 or 22 of July - not August:P

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/07/16 10:54

Brian D wrote:

That would be 21 or 22 of July - not August:P<br><br>Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/07/16 10:54

Your thread says 20-21, this is some sort of diabolical plan to trick me is it...get me to go out on friday whilst everyone goes on saturday hey hey :D

Though i dont need anyone to trick me i seem to do a good job of getting these things wrong myself.

A good day,Thanx for the net throwing lessons,and a big thanx to Ray for the old reading material;) . Should keep me going for the next 6 months.

As Angus explained lots of little squire before midday, After I droped Angus off at the boat ramp at 12:00 I went and talked with Peppe66. We decided to motor over to Green Isle and chase some Whiting.

Drop the anchor in and as soon as my bait hit the water I was on, a couple of small runs and I boat a Trevally around the 35cm mark, This was the start of a good little session, I was watching the fish hit my bait time after time, When I could get my bait to hit the bottom there was Bream waiting to hit it.:cheer: Final Tally 18 Trevally 4 legal bream,Although Peppe was only 20-30 mtrs away he got no Trevally, But looked like they had fun spinning up some juvie Pike, and A couple of legal bream.:woohoo:

I had a blast, was Great meeting you guys n girls from this site, and look foreward to the Flathead classic:P

Angus theres a seat on my boat for you anytime, I enjoyed you're company and conversation;)

Will try to post a pic of a trevally, someone may be able to tell me what type it is?

Jayson

john and i were on the water by 3am shit it was dark ,we headed out through the beacons then turned right and after about a k ran aground:blush: turned left and crawled along in a meter of water till i found a jagged drop off into 5m of water with plenty of fish showing on the sounder. dropped anchor and proceeded to catch absolutely nothing:S decided to move toward a blinking red light in the distance, found another ledge tried drifting along it,got nothing not a single bite,couldnt give the bait away.

moved again saw lozzel and kriso had a pow-wow for a few minuthe then headed for the chanel marker, got a couple of micro squire and more nothing.

headed in for the meet, the tide was so low that i couldn't get close enough to shore to stay dry:blink: had to take my ugg boots off and padle:pinch: COLD

had a great time meeting new faces a good breakfast (thanks to the providers)

got some great info on throwing the mongrel monster castnet thanks guys it was great now i just have to get the decky to master it so i dont have to bother,at least till it warms up again:evil:

bought a tackle box off ray and he threw in a beacon to beacon and a castnetting dvd thank you muchly ray.

got rid of some rod holders to a new home and headed back out.

tried the chanel marker...nothing

tried a yellow marker ...nada

tried a bunch of boats between a couple of islands and finally caught someting, acouple of 30cm bream:woohoo: finally!

final score me 2 bream

john $20 worth of tackle pinned to the bottom:P

all in all a great morning, look forward to seeing you all again next time;)

Archived