n/pine dam 22/07

Ash

Im just going for a sunday morning bass session sunday morn. Got some new lures i want to try before sommerset trip. If anyone is keen ive got a spare spot in the car if wanted, and as long as your not too far out of the way. i plan on getting there about the 5am mark.

might even try out this new slug fad thats happening!;)

ash,

I've got something i may have on sunda, but if it doesnt come through would def meet you early there, sorry cant be more commited, but yeah, hopefully itll come through, havent caught a bass yet so would love to get on one before somerset.

juddy, no worries, i'll be there any way, so if ya make it, it'd be good to meet ya!

kev, no worries, i'll prob be at your place a bit past 4am, that cool? im not sure if ive read it and forgotten or not, but have you fished there before kev?

Kev what do you get your tillies on? I dont mind cleaning up some pests.

Ash: The weather forcast is not looking great for the bay. So the NP trip is looking better and better. Ill let you know for certain on friday mate. I am very keen to try these slugs out as well.

Angus

Ash I wouldn't mind coming along :) . But if you're already picking up Kevin then I'll try and find another way there to save the drama. Unless I can get somewhere in the middle of Forrest Lake and North Pine. You live at Forrest Lake right? :S .

Gus you have to come along so you can get details and experience for your upcoming article ;):P . About those Tillies, you don't even need a hook to catch them at the moment. The cold is starting to effect them and you can litterally put your hand out and grab one. One floats by every 10 or so mins dead or almost dead. I made a pile of them yesterday.

If anyone sees them floating it's always good to pull them out, alive or dead, since the eggs they hold in their mouths can still hatch after death ;) .

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2007/07/18 18:39

hey troy, i live at Jamboree hts which is closer to city then forstlake. If you can get to the kingsford smith drive i can pick you up. you can give directions from there! Only thing is im only staying till about 1100-1130.

let me know

Sweet Gus, I'm up for that. Let's just hope my Saturday night wears off by then ;) .

Ash, I'll just bum a lift of Gusgus, it'll make it easier on you to save you picking up too many people.

We could all fit in one car couldn't we? Gus, Ash, Kevin and I?

The fish have been biting in the deeper water around McGavin's View lately if you want to head there? But I'm easy.

Troy

Hey guys I've jumped accross. Looks like there will be another 3 turning up on the day. Aaron, myself and hopefully Loz.

We'll stay out of your way and won't cramp your style. We'll be live baiting as well as sluggin it so be ready to be out fished!;):P

Arrrrr is Troy going? maybe you won't be out fished. He catches more then 3 of me!:cheer: :blush:

i am from a country where people have competitions of tilapia fishing( i have participated in some but never got a prize:( ) so i think i can say something about the dead tilapias

these fish can only stand water temp over 10 in china and they start to die at 15 oc. in Nanjing where i lived, fish farm guys start to take them out to the market in september when it's getting a bit cold.

so it's definitely the cold water that make those tilapia act slowly and some died

at this time of the year, it's hard to catch them on bait as most of them r not feeding in such cold water temp. in summer, just a bit of berley will drive them crazy.

Yeah definately the water temperature thats killing them. Too bad it doesn't kill off all of them. When ever you pass a place that has a strong population of Tillies you will normally see many of them dieing. Though many of them have built up resistances to cold snaps and QLD Winters.

The dead natives you see is usually caused by low water levels. Toga seem to die off quickly in any dam that doesn't have sufficient over hanging structure. I have seen a couple of dead Toga at the other end of North Pine.

One thing I havn't seen or heard of is Murray Cod. I did hear of one bogus story about a 32kg one but that was from a bullsh!t artist on Ausfish that was band a few months before for talking crap. The stocking charts show 1000's of them yet one hasn't been caught :S .

Troy

Same as Baroon and Hinze Troy. The cod are stockde, and in good numbers, but they dont seem to turn up.

Steve Wilkes has only seen one in all the years he has been doing charters.

And yeah the Tillies hate the cold. They have to haul the dead ones out of Tingalpa resevoir every year by the tonne. Annoying we cant fish there and help with the problem :P Forest lake is meant to have just had a recent fish kill as well.

Angus

Brian: Gus and I will probably arrive at the Dam at around 4:45am, more people will make their way down as the sun comes up I'd say.

I think Gus and I are going to McGavin's. It's getting nice and shallow around Forgan's and at this time of the year they are mostly caught in the deeper stuff. The past couple of trips I have been to the Dam have all been around McGavin's and I haven't done bad on any of the trips.

Where abouts is everyone else going for the day? As it looks like there's quite a few going now.

Troy

If you have a refidex, comparing it to this should help! otherwise the image is to small as it is.

The pink line is the path you follow from the Main Roundabout in Petrie to get there.

It would be quicker to come through the dam grounds itself, but it would only save you 5 minutes, and to easy to get lost.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mcgavins.jpg

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/07/20 22:48

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/07/20 22:54

post-134-144598421565_thumb.jpg

Archived