Welcome aboard TONIC Eyewear

AFO

post-2216-144598761981_thumb.jpg

The Team at Brisbane Fishing Online would like to introduce a new sponsor to the site. Welcome aboard Doug Phillips and his company "TONIC Eyewear".

Doug Phillips is the designer and distributor of Tonic Polarised sunglasses. He also founded and established Spotters sunglasses in 1992 and then parted the company in 2009 to embark on a new and exciting venture to develop, a lens with exceptional vision and the ultimate, high contrast Polarised photochromic glass lens on the market today.

By using 21st century technology, Tonic has developed a range of Polarised sunglasses that cut glare without losing clarity.

By creating a glass lenses that incorporates four colors, and coating the inside of the lenses with an anti-reflective film, the wearer will enjoy true eye protection without losing any colour perception. A decentred lens allows the wearer to see straight ahead, up and down and also peripherally, without experiencing any optical distortion.

In addition the new glass lenses are a lighter weight and come in a choice of grey or photochromic (darkens automatically according to light conditions) copper. There is also a polycarbonate lens version in grey or copper. All frames - a choice of shiny black or tortoiseshell - are made to withstand the harsh Australian conditions and are lightweight and durable. Every pair of sunglasses comes attractively packaged and is backed by a 12 month new for old warranty.

post-2216-144598761996_thumb.jpg

Tonic Eyewear has recognised the need to improve the comfort of the consumer, and has managed to incorporate eye protection into a stylish wraparound product.

We are happy to annouce that as well a an upcoming online competition (more to be annoucned soon) there will be a range of TONIC sunglasses available as prizes at upcoming AFO events.

The Team

AFO

Rob totally agree. Ordered a pair last week (was actually the catalyst for the deal) and had them the next day. Awesome lenses. Amazing contrast and cool vision into the water. Doug called me himself and explained a lot of technicalities re optics and lenses as well in lamens terms which was interesting and informative.

Anyway welcome aboard TONIC!

I don't suppose they do a prescription lens at all?

I was just about to ask the same thing, it would be to good

Haven't you nerds heard of contact lenses? :silly: Jokes

Being from the man behind Spotters they have got to be good especially if they are an evolution. Love my pair of spotters.

I find that if I use both contacts and sunny's I end up with a raging headache, I think it's from a double lens effect so close to the eye.

Plus you have to carry drops if they dry out, just more stuff to cart around.

Would like to get the laser job done, but to much $$$$ for me at the moment.

And as for the nerd bit, I wish I was, we have an industrial chemist at work. I would like his pay cheque each week. :whistle:

Tryed contacts, not a fan, Prescription sunnies are much easier. Oh and I wish I was a nerd I'd probably have a better job and make sh!t loads :P

I find that if I use both contacts and sunny's I end up with a raging headache, I think it's from a double lens effect so close to the eye.

Plus you have to carry drops if they dry out, just more stuff to cart around.

Would like to get the laser job done, but to much $$$$ for me at the moment.

And as for the nerd bit, I wish I was, we have an industrial chemist at work. I would like his pay cheque each week. :whistle:

Tryed contacts, not a fan, Prescription sunnies are much easier. Oh and I wish I was a nerd I'd probably have a better job and make sh!t loads :P

Never mind the industrial chemists pay cheque. Imagine the shennanigans he can get up to on the weekend. :side:

As far as lasik goes seriously do it you will not regret it. Most places do interest free finance and over a couple of years it ends up being very affordable.

Ok enough off topic posts from me.

WHat kind of price range are these sunnies and where can you buy them?

I don't suppose they do a prescription lens at all?

I was just about to ask the same thing, it would be to good

Yes they do perscription. Just spoke to Doug. He will be signing up when he gets a chance to answer questions personally.

Dom: Glasses retail in the mid 200's (260 I think). Pretty great for what they are I think!

Angus

Angus wrote

Yes they do perscription. Just spoke to Doug. He will be signing up when he gets a chance to answer questions personally.

Dom: Glasses retail in the mid 200's (260 I think). Pretty great for what they are I think!

Angus

How much extra for the prescription lenses?

Welcome - I hope to win a pair sometime! :)

Hey Angus, how do they compare price wise and quality wise with Spotters. Can your man give us any reasons why Tonic are a superior product

regards Jim

Yeah he can.

I cant speak for all the technicalities but there was one main point that impressed me.

Many "fishing" polarized glasses opt for high contrast giving us, the angler, that awesome vision into the water. This however does not gauruntee at all actual protection from the sun. Thus long sessions can leave eyes with that sore feeling.

The pair I bought have an extremely good contrast (water test done) but also protect the eyes. This is achieved using 4 layers of colour in the glass (the only glasses in Australia to do so).

In addition the lenses are shaped to prevent any optical distortion. Apparantly several pairs of glasses on the market neglect this and without realising it you can actually be going cross eyed wearing them.

Price wise: At around the $260 mark very competitive!

Not trying to sound like an expert here just recycling what I personally picked up from Dougs detailed conversation. I am sure he can fill in many of the blanks RE the spectrum, use of colours, shaping of the lenses etc.

Angus

I've had mine for a few months now and they are awesome. I went with the glass lens and couldn't be happier both on and off the water. You will notice a big difference whilst on the water, but the best result for me is when I am driving in the rain, bloody hell they are good B)

Al

Archived