Strangest bait you have heard of..

The Mad Hughesy

Just had a lunch with a few mates from work, and we were talking about fishin etc. So he got on to the topic of the secret super baits he has been told over the years

He recons liver soaked in honey for a week for bream bait

And chiken breast cut into cubes rolled in coconut for snapper...

What else have you heard of??

That bit of gristle you always get in the last mouthful of a Servo pie when you think you've finally scored a non gristle one caught me 3 bream.....Stays on the hook real good! Cheese twisty bagged me a bream as well. The old 7 meats pizza gave a lot of scope....I've heard licorice jelly bellys are the go, but didn't work for me.....Catfish on pizza crust.....chicken guts in breadcrumbs = excellent burley trail.

A mate of mine grew up on the solomon islands and used to catch Spanish Mackeral and other big toothy critters on a leek with the green end shredded lenght ways and a wire trace through the middle and it got towed like a skirted marlin lure.

These were all caught in a dugout powered by a Seagull motor on handline.

old bloke i saw fishing at noosa once was catching bream on bits of chicken breast that he had in a zip-lock bag of parmesan.....similar idea to the soy i guess - little bit of berley and scent....

my old man picked up a few yellowtail scad on a bare hook......bit of a feeding frenzy. i've caught breambos on a hook with a bit of plastic bag tied to it and shredded a bit at the end

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived