February/March Online Bass Competition

Angus

February/March Online Bass Competition

At the request of many AFO members we have decided to kick off a new tournament format. The end format has been carefully considered to meet the requests of numerous anglers for more online competitions and more fresh water opportunities. Numerous request for "small fee and small prizes" style events have also been made and we have incoproated this into the styling of the tournament. We will trial this format with a few species over a few months and ascertain its popularity moving forward.

Format: From the 10th of February until the 31st of March 2013 anglers will have the opportunity to go head to head in an attempt to capture the longest Australian Bass in an online competition. Registered anglers will be able to submit their captures via the relevant submission tab found under "Tournaments/Online Tournaments".

Submissions: Eligible submissions will require two images:

Image One: Photo on a clearly marked measuring device with the inclusion of the entire fish and, the anglers hand in a "thumbs up" hand signal.

Image Two: A photo of the angler holding the fish. The entire fish would be preferable but allowance is given for kayak and solo anglers.

* A submissions tab will be activated on the 10th of February under the tournament tab.

Entry Fee: The entry fee for this event will be $5.00 and must be paid before February 10th. Registrations can be made by going to "Tournaments/Tournament Registration". (http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tournaments/tournament-registration)

Prizes: There will be 2 main prize categories for this event.

1. Longest Bass Prize - $50.00: $50.00 will be awarded to the person who secures and submits the longest Australian Bass during the tournament time frames. Bass are to be presented as naturally as possible on the measuring device.

2. Random Length Bass - $20.00: $20.00 will be awarded to the person who secures and submits a bass of a randomly decided length during the tournament time frames. The random length will be decided by rolling 2 x 6 sided dice. The submitted Australian Bass closest to this length will be awarded the prize.

Good luck to everyone willing to give this a crack!

Angus

Random length decided by rolling 2 dice, so we are looking to get an entry in between 1 and 12cm...... ?

Well no, but I see how you interpreted that so let me explain...

The first dice could be anything from 1-6.

The second roll could be anything from 1-6.

Thus the possible range would be between 11 and 66.

As a 66cm fish would be amazing but unlikely, a re roll would continue until we had a result bang on one of the entrants, including if it was already the winning fish in overall length, although that would extremely unlikely as lucky as well (depending of course of the number of entries made).

Angus

[

As a 66cm fish would be amazing but unlikely, a re roll would continue until we had a result bang on one of the entrants, including if it was already the winning fish in overall length, although that would extremely unlikely as lucky as well (depending of course of the number of entries made).

Angus

I'm in.

Thanks for running a fun comp. I personally like the small comps with small prizes, where I have found most involved are there to share their interests and techniques and enjoy our wonderful past-time. I'm sure this happens in the bigger prize comps to but to a lesser extent. Because as the money gets bigger so do the secrets.

Good luck to everyone entering.

[

Angus

So is this an exemption to the following.

" One fish can only win one prize "

From the tournament rules.

Sorry to be pedantic but better sorting out prior to event.

Cheers

Ray

No Ray that is a fair point. Yes this would be an exemption as it is unlikely but possible.

To elaborate on the above,

I guess the random to size was the:

a: give everyone a shot an something and

b: encourage people to submit everything they have caught.

This just gives us and those following an idea of how many people are actually participating etc.

Archived