Winter Camp 2013 - Official Thread

Angus

post-63-144598927496_thumb.jpg

Ladies and gentleman, it is that time again. Winter Camp time!

After the success of last years event we have made a big effort to make this event as affordable this year which will be explained in detail in the “Rates” section of this thread.

The dates for Winter Camp 2012 have been confirmed for the Friday 16th August - Sunday 18th August.

Location: Camp Lake Fire @ Maroon Dam. 664 Burnett Creek Road Lake Maroon. Feel free to check out the website for this camp site: www.camplakefire.com.au

Friday 16th August

7:30pm: Arrive at Camp Site.

7:45pm-till late: Set up camp, cabins, dinner and social.

Saturday August 17th:

6:00am: Breakfast.

6:45am-7:00am: Briefing.

7:30am-12:00: Fishing.

12:00-1:00: Lunch.

1:00-4:00: Fishing.

4:30-late: Tackle talks, dinner and socializing.

8:00pm: Presentation To Winners.

Sunday 18th August

6:30am: Breakfast.

7:00-12:00: Social Fishing if desired.

What to bring:

Fishing Gear.

Towel.

Wet Weather Gear.

Tent if required.

Boat if desired.

Alcoholic beverages.

Digital Camera if possible.

Brag Mat.

Common Sense.

Competition: This event is after all a social fun competition with the following categories:

1st Largest Bass:

2nd Largest Bass:

3rd Largest Bass:

Largest Yellowbelly:

Largest Spangled Perch:

Largest Catfish:

Lucky Door Prizes:

Accomodation:

There are Cabins available as well as fantastic camping grouds at this camp site. Cabin reservations will be first in first served, however some preference will be given to the ladies. Hope you don’t mind gentlemen. The camping sites are non powered but flat and comfortable. If you don’t mind camping please consider this option to benefit those that simply don’t have the equipment.

Boating:

Some boats and canoes are available for hire from Sports Tuition. Power boats are allowed on Maroon Dam which should open up the range of boats AFO members can bring. People with their own boats are encouraged to bring them so that more non boaters may attend.

Rates:

Please consider this section very very carefully. When you book via email I will need ALL required information as I will be juggling very different needs and wants from each person. When you book please itemise each addition (if any) above the base rate with associated price so I receive a list of what you have booked and what you have paid.

Base Rate: $75.00 (Includes catering, entry into the competition).

Camping Both Nights: $30.00 Per person.

Cabins Both Nights: $50.00

Full Days Boat Hire (4 People): $95.00*

Full Days Canoe Hire (2 People): $85.00*

Full Days Kayak Hire: $35.00 (1 Person)

Fishing Rod: $5.00 Per person per day.

Tent: Six-man family or two-man $10.00 per night.

Stretcher Bed $5.00 per night

Air Mattress $2.00 per night

Live Shrimp: TBA

*Payments for boats will be taken in one installment. So it’s up to a nominated representative of a “crew” to book and pay for the boat/canoe, and he can collect the contributions from his deckies. There are limited boats so the first 6 “Captains (person paying the full price) to book will the first served.

In this way you will see that if someone brings their own boat and camps… They will only be paying $105 where in the past it would have been $150-$180…

In contrast those paying more (Cabin + ¼ Boat Hire + Rod for example for $153.75) are seeing where their extra dollars are going.

Booking:

When you are booking I will need the following details emailed to me (please cut and paste this exact template with accurate details): angus@brisbanefishing.com.au

Name: (John Smith)

Username: (Fisherman)

Email Addres: ( fisherman@fishing.com)

Mobile Phone: (0055 Fish)

Package: (Base Rate: $75 + Boat: $95 + Cabin: $50 + Fishing Rod: $5)

Total: $225

Please take your time filling in the above information and sending the email. As you can appreciate its far more information to get right this year so accuracy will be king.

Please make payments direct to Brisbane Fishing Online (Please reference FULL NAME & WINTER CAMP - eg JOHN SMITH WINTER CAMP):

Bank Name: Bank of Qld

Account Name: Australian Fishing & Boating Pty Ltd

BSB: 124 001

Account Number: 20881585

Hope to see plenty of you all there!

Attendees:

Angus Gorrie

Tanya Gorrie

Ray Kennedy

Lance Collins

Brendan Ford

Greg Pengelly

Rob Searing

Ted Stevens

Jacob Stevens

Declan Stevens

Jarryd Aleckson

Wayne Palmer

Julian De Marchi

Collin Mott

Zac Fisher

Geoff

Stephen

Jeff F

Jon New

Raechel

Paul McDonald

Betty McDonald

Andrew McCormack

Christine McCormack

Chris Cornell

Rachael Blessington

Robert Kilpatrick

Kris Sweres

Duncan O'Connell

Kris Sweres

Khoi Pham

Steve Cornell

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Il try and con Bree into going to this. In years gone past, how much has the shrimp been? And how muh stock of shrimp have they had

the shrimp are 60 cents each usually and they have normally get in at least a thousand for the weekend.

you can also catch them in the dam as well. Not as many as NPD but we still got some in the redclaw pots.

would love it if someone actually does get stuck.. so i can pull them out :D hahah

Zimman will need all the help he can get, and a tow up to the top of the campground too.

Now that would be a sight.

Who has a crusier to pull them both out when runts car just sits there and spins cause it hasnt got the weight to pull rob out? :woohoo: :lol:

Serious question though...

I haven't been up there for a few years. is it possible to launch a 5.3m half cab (with a decent 4x4) on the ramp near the campsite or would I have to drive around to the proper ramp on the other side of the dam? I know it's not a traditional dam boat but it seems to catch fish pretty well in most situations...

Serious question though...

I haven't been up there for a few years. is it possible to launch a 5.3m half cab (with a decent 4x4) on the ramp near the campsite or would I have to drive around to the proper ramp on the other side of the dam? I know it's not a traditional dam boat but it seems to catch fish pretty well in most situations...

I launched my big tub there no problems last year. You will be fine with yours Benno

would love it if someone actually does get stuck.. so i can pull them out :D hahah

Zimman will need all the help he can get, and a tow up to the top of the campground too.

Now that would be a sight.

Who has a crusier to pull them both out when runts car just sits there and spins cause it hasnt got the weight to pull rob out? :woohoo: :lol:

And so it starts...... :P

Quick question ? Is this a kid & cook friendly event ? If it is I will be there with bells on. 16 Aug is my B'Day so guess what my present will be. I love Maroon dam top little spot gives me a chance to pull the old canoe out & whack the lecky on too. :woohoo:

Will be great to finally attend an event and meet some of the guys. It might even stop raining by then...

Quick question ? Is this a kid & cook friendly event ? If it is I will be there with bells on. 16 Aug is my B'Day so guess what my present will be. I love Maroon dam top little spot gives me a chance to pull the old canoe out & whack the lecky on too. :woohoo:

Will be great to finally attend an event and meet some of the guys. It might even stop raining by then...

Rick it is def kid friendly...

By cook I am not sure what you mean? All the food is provided for that fee :)

In saying that...

A few people usually, just for the fun of it do a little something extra...

I do ribs...

Ray does red claw usually...

Ted does duck :P

Angus

Archived