2017 Seq Suburbs Of Origin Round 3 16th August - 27rd August

The Mad Hughesy

@Old Scaley I'd moved over to the pipeline/Boggy by then and was back at the ramp by about 11:15am. There was a huge flock of birds sitting on the water east of the poop schute at the end of my session, which then got scattered by the Tangalooma Flier. I figured something must be down there but couldn't find much - perhaps the TF scattered the fish momentarily also.

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Yeah mate, just the wharves. I'm too much of a goodie goodie and stick to the rules - often wonder how many fish the people who don't follow the 30m clearance rules catch.

I did see a couple of boats up against the wharves and knew it wouldn't be you @kmcrosby78. It does pee me off though because at some stage the port authority will shut the whole area to fishing because a few people do the wrong thing. With the focus we have on security now it is probably an anomaly that we can't have rubbish bins at a railway station but we can put up with people wearing face socks and sunglasses in small boats within touching distance of ships. End of rant. 

Forgot to say well done to Ray for carrying the team to a close victory. Oh and also forgot to mention that when I lobbed up to the Fisho Island ramp around 3am Sunday morning (would have been earlier but for the long detour which takes you for a scenic tour of the Port of Brisbane .....) there wasn't a single car there. A first for me and I must say a bit surprising given that it had been a windy week and the wind was dropping overnight.

5 hours ago, christophagus said:

That's 2 years in a row to the damn Mexicans...

Yep, and proof yet again that two heads AREN'T better than one ........... :devil: 

Thanks for organising Chris. It might be worth seeking feedback/ideas next year to see if we can up the participation. I'm wondering if just one 'match' that goes for longer might lead to more competition? Probably not much point exploring until closer to the time next year I guess.

15 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Yep, and proof yet again that two heads AREN'T better than one ........... :devil: 

Thanks for organising Chris. It might be worth seeking feedback/ideas next year to see if we can up the participation. I'm wondering if just one 'match' that goes for longer might lead to more competition? Probably not much point exploring until closer to the time next year I guess.

i thought the same thing, just a big one off comp instead, the interest clearly drops from rounds one to three. might entice more folks with just one round. But that's a next year job haha

12 hours ago, Luke Landrunner said:

Well done New South Queensland.

ouch! sick burn! :lol:

Big thanks to @christophagus for organizing the comp. Great fun and got me out one extra day... didn't catch anything haha. 

I agree. One longer comp makes sense IMHO. Also I could organise a trophy to present at the AFO Christmas party if you think that would be fun?

Archived