It's A Long Time Since I Used This Forum Category

ellicat

4 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Could be completely old wives tale but I remember reading on a forum / fb somewhere that going to Stainless Prop for motors under ~140hp would was marginal performance improvement (from reduced flex), unless you were also changing the prop pitch / diameter.

Long story short the consensus advice was to wait until the aluminium prop was damaged before putting money into a new prop. No incidents yet on my prop (which is a good thing) so I'm still on my original aluminium prop.

I have seen some big improvements with a stainless prop. There is so much less flex and it bites hard so better response. But it can be negated if you have the wrong size and pitch, or the wrong depth setting on your motor. 

8 hours ago, ellicat said:

Haha. I'm a bit the same, except on the footy. You might remember I put $50 into Sportsbet a couple of seasons back ? Well, I've got that up to $100 now with small bets. haha

Transfer some of that $100 to me and I'll unburden your wife's worries

for her and stop you getting into trouble.😂

Yeah, I just have a bank at sportsbet  of around $30 and it

goes up and down all the time.😜

• 9 months later...

3 years today. Doesn't look quite as shiny anymore. I've done about 450 hours in her.

Two issues with the motor in that time - 1. The computer stopped talking to the fuel pump, so had to replace with a secondhand computer $800; 2. Starter motor was sticking, so replaced with a new one. Not cheap but can't remember how much. I still love it.

PS My betting account is up to $115. haha

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

3 years today. Doesn't look quite as shiny anymore. I've done about 450 hours in her.

Two issues with the motor in that time - 1. The computer stopped talking to the fuel pump, so had to replace with a secondhand computer $800; 2. Starter motor was sticking, so replaced with a new one. Not cheap but can't remember how much. I still love it.

PS My betting account is up to $115. haha

3 years today - wow, that went fast.  Been a lot of fun days out on the water since then, Brian.