A monster suburban JP

pancakes_and_haggis

• 1 year later...

Freshwater Creek that runs up to Crystal Cascades is worth a look. You'll cross a bridge on the way up. 

Dunno how much would be National park now but that creek holds some beauties. 

On the fringes of the Daintree national park are some good creeks for jp's. 

Look up Mt Spurgeon Rd on goog earth. There a creek there I can see that would be worth a look. 

Worst part about walking the bush up there is that bloody wait-a-while vine.

You need a dettol bath when you get home and your clothes are torn to shreds. 

3 hours ago, Junky said:

Freshwater Creek that runs up to Crystal Cascades is worth a look. You'll cross a bridge on the way up. 

Dunno how much would be National park now but that creek holds some beauties. 

On the fringes of the Daintree national park are some good creeks for jp's. 

Look up Mt Spurgeon Rd on goog earth. There a creek there I can see that would be worth a look. 

Worst part about walking the bush up there is that bloody wait-a-while vine.

You need a dettol bath when you get home and your clothes are torn to shreds. 

Good advice - I am piecing together an itinerary for a Cape York trip next year and had thoughts that catching a jungle perch (or sooty grunter, or both 😎) would be cool. Haven’t researched yet regarding the likelihood of catching one in winter but worst case it would turn into a scenic hike holding a fishing rod … 😎.

• 5 months later...
On 25/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Good advice - I am piecing together an itinerary for a Cape York trip next year and had thoughts that catching a jungle perch (or sooty grunter, or both 😎) would be cool. Haven’t researched yet regarding the likelihood of catching one in winter but worst case it would turn into a scenic hike holding a fishing rod … 😎.

Did you end up chasing some? 

2 hours ago, crazywalrus said:

Did you end up chasing some? 

Heading up in June Ted getting VERY excited 😁. Decided rather than add things to my Pajero to instead upgrade to a Prado that has all/most necessary things (lift kit, snorkel, dual batteries mainly) already - in a bit of a rush but hopefully will find/have it in next couple of weeks. Assuming you'd need a reasonably light rod and line to flick the lures necessary to catch them? Just going to have to see how much room we have when we pack.