The best combo for 300$?

Mylesfisher

4 minutes ago, Mylesfisher said:

also do the pilchards have to be alive

🤣 No, but that'd be better if you can catch some.

How big is the boat ? Where will you be fishing, offshore or in the Broadwater or at the Seaway ? How many of you are going ? Do any of you have any experience at all ?

20lb braid and 30lb leader sounds pretty good for what you are chasing. I would probably have 20lb and 40lb leader in case needed. Swivel size/strength will be on the packets, just match it to your line.  Sinker size will depend on current and water depth - you will want a range of sizes, probably from size 0 to size 5 (maybe also size 6 but not many) should cover you. Hook size depends on the size of the bait and what you are chasing. If using live bait I would use circle hooks - a selection of 2/0 - 5/0 should cover your options. Snell two hooks for any larger baits.

Good luck! If you can catch some winter whiting in the channels, they would make a great live bait 😎.

lol my mates caught 5 snapper and a big gt on a sugapen but as soon as i arrived and we went fishing we got nothin looking forward to spending 980$ on rods and reels im gonna buy a baitcaster setup for 500$ and a spin setup for 500$ any good picks btw the rods and reels you reccomend must be for trevs and mangrove jacks im gonna buy the mmd splashie and a 95mm sugapen please respond with good options no trolls

cheers, Myles

9 minutes ago, Mylesfisher said:

lol my mates caught 5 snapper and a big gt on a sugapen but as soon as i arrived and we went fishing we got nothin looking forward to spending 980$ on rods and reels im gonna buy a baitcaster setup for 500$ and a spin setup for 500$ any good picks btw the rods and reels you reccomend must be for trevs and mangrove jacks im gonna buy the mmd splashie and a 95mm sugapen please respond with good options no trolls

cheers, Myles

Top water is so much fun.