What would have you done different.....?

webbfunk

It's a long time since I fished the river so when I went to check out some of my old spots around bishop island I found some barstool had stolen it :laugh:

Need to do some fishing in the river before next years event so I don't look a total wally. :woohoo:

I would have stayed in bed on the Friday Night instead of hiding under shelter at 2am away from the rain and thunderstorms.

I bet Aaron would say the same, he was trying to cast net for livies, he got one cast in and down it came. The result was 2 or 3 herring and a small prawn, which died anyway.:blink:

For the record of stupidity in decending order:

1. Aaron for being early and keen to get flogged. He saw the storm coming and said to himself, \"what's a little rain\", gotta have live bait.

2. Me (Brian D) for not messageing Aaron back telling him to go home and go back to bed. He sent me a message from the ramp while I was still sipping coffee at home.

3. Rod for not following his gut. He rang me while travelling down the highway at 40kph (due to poor visability and rain) only to hear the words \"keep going and I'll see you at the ramp.

Fools the lot of us.

learnt how to catch a fish in the river wouldhave helped and fish way heavier for the sharks i bobbed around pinkenbar with big baits out but the only hits i had stuffed me way to easy on 10kg even on 24 a ray snapped me trying to get the rotten thing of the bottom :laugh:

Brian D wrote:

I would have stayed in bed on the Friday Night instead of hiding under shelter at 2am away from the rain and thunderstorms.

I bet Aaron would say the same, he was trying to cast net for livies, he got one cast in and down it came. The result was 2 or 3 herring and a small prawn, which died anyway.:blink:

For the record of stupidity in decending order:

1. Aaron for being early and keen to get flogged. He saw the storm coming and said to himself, \"what's a little rain\", gotta have live bait.

2. Me (Brian D) for not messageing Aaron back telling him to go home and go back to bed. He sent me a message from the ramp while I was still sipping coffee at home.

3. Rod for not following his gut. He rang me while travelling down the highway at 40kph (due to poor visability and rain) only to hear the words \"keep going and I'll see you at the ramp.

Fools the lot of us.

Yeah but I would prbably do it all again, keen fisherman that I am or just plain stupid:laugh:

ellicat wrote:

Slept more and fished less....I'm so buggered today :pinch: I have been too lethargic to even make a post for days....thanks for firing me up rumrunner;) :P

always glad to help mate;)

the only thing i would have done diff is not slipping ova on my bow and slicing my index finger almoast to the bone on the antenna while trying to castnet for baitfish at the pooshoot:blush:

the young guys onshore would have had a great laugh:laugh:

Gazza wrote:

Taken my boat

Taken some ladies of the night or any other ladies :P for when things get quiet (too put sun screen on lol)

and take a few days off afterwards to recoup

:pinch:

Gaz

And maybe some toilet paper for when the toilet is occupied hey gazza haha

Well mate it will all be bait next year!! :laugh: :laugh:

We need to feed the fish not tempt them!!

Hungry bastards in that brissie river!!

Hard for them to sort the sh@t from the charf!!

With the amount of crap in the river!!

I personally fished out 3 plastic bags and numerous other bits...surprising anything lives in there!!

Thanx Dusky.

Well it was hot on Sunday...but the fish were also hiding in the shade !!:(

Which was in short supply on the river ..except under the gateway!!:)

maybe next year i'll park under the gate way and go live baiting and have a sleep waiting for the big one!!:laugh: :laugh:

cheers Dusky

Main aim next year is to catch a legal fish to weigh in.

Not to try so hard and have a bit more rest between sessions . I realised that i am not fit enough to stay with all you young fellas.

I am not crying over the comp it was a fantastic event and seeing the great roll up at the prize giving was the cream.

Looking at the faces or all the compeditors as each prize was announced was not to be missed.

Brian should have had another prize for the size of his smile.

Cheers

Ray.

I'm with Terry on his idea of dry clothes in the car.

Tony and I hit the river at midnight after working night shift. Spent an hour and a half throwing the net for lives, ran 30 minutes down the river, dropped the anchor and the heavens opened. :(

We didn't get to fish, just motored back to the ramp at about 15kph because the half blind skipper couldn't see through the rain. Man we couldn't have gotten any wetter if we'd jumped over the side. :S

The midnight session after work on Saturday night was much better though. :cheer:

Dunno if I could have done anything different,but I was pretty happy with the whole weekend. No huge fish to brag about, but I fish for the love and fun of it. Many congratulations to Angus and all who helped organize the event, Fantastic!! And I got to meet some great blokes who are now more than just a name on a computer screen. Good to finally meet you guys. Congrats to all the winners, esp Brian.D and Gazza and the Shark Brothers....well done boys. This was the first of hopefully many BRC's and I look forward to seeing some of you again soon........ Great stuff !! Chris.

Archived