Electric motors for a 250

Mylesfisher

Hello, I have recently been thinking about upgrading my tinny a friend showed me a 250 with a great casting deck for 1300 I have planned on cleaning my 310 up and buying it I am planning on putting a electric motor with foot pedals Im wondering what amount of money it would be for what i am asking about. 

8 minutes ago, Mylesfisher said:

Have you seen the seaway Ill go out on a good day

Still probably not the best idea in a 2.5m tinny - the weather won’t be your problem but the boat wake will! 

I think it depends on your battery size and engine size but anywhere from a couple hundred - 1000+ could be your cost to get an electric.

Hamish 

2 hours ago, Mylesfisher said:

Ok then what electric motor with pedals would you reccomend

Hi Myles, there are a few electric motor manufacturers, Minn Kota, Motor Guide, Watersnake, your best bet would be get in touch with the people who stock and sell them, tell them what you require and the size of your boat, then they’d be able to tell you what the cost of your desired set up would be, easy really.

12 hours ago, Angry51 said:

Myles, You should take the comments in the spirit they are given, everyone is only

concerned about safety.

You are a young fella and have a different outlook as we all did at your age.

We care about every ones safety on here. We don't need to lose any members

due to safe practice.

Take care.

I do care about my safety and do have the safety gear on my boat if something goes wrong the thing is is that I’ve seen people on kayaks go to the seaway and my mates have easily gone on 310s I do realise though how ugly the surf can get I’ll ask some more qualified tinny fishos on how safe it is out at the seaway 

2 hours ago, Mylesfisher said:

seaway 

ok, first thing, what is the seaway (not joking).  also why would you sell the 3.5 would it not be better to chuck a 6hp or something on it, it would get you further, but as said before, it is not very safe even on a good day unless you plan everything, such as when the tide is going out the current will change and make it harder to come back in, so if you are going to go make sure you time it.  and keep safe

On 09/05/2022 at 1:07 PM, Mylesfisher said:

Yeah ill stick with my 350 sorry for my stupidity

Don't ever be sorry bud. 

It's called knowledge. You've learnt something here. 

Pay it forward so to speak. That's all I am doing. 

I for one am glad you have made the correct decision. 

Now go out and slay some fish. 

1 hour ago, Junky said:

Don't ever be sorry bud. 

It's called knowledge. You've learnt something here. 

Pay it forward so to speak. That's all I am doing. 

I for one am glad you have made the correct decision. 

Now go out and slay some fish. 

Yep, better to ask a possibly silly question than not ask it and potentially lose your life in a boat not suitable to the conditions. And now you have the knowledge to potentially steer others in the right direction if they are pondering the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all just an update I went to Gold Coast boat show for some quotes and found a good electric motor it’s the water snake geo spot looks good I also chose a carpet or decking for my casting deck and interior of my 350 it’s called sea deck I bought 300 dollars worth of it and it is 2x1m I am going to setup a aluminium frame and put it on And mg budget is 2500 the deck and the motor is 2000 cheers, Myles