Kat

12 hours ago, Kat said:

Yes thanks for the warning - luckily I was aware because my BF's parents live in Rocky.  I have been anxious about a croc since the plan was made for the holidays.  Was wondering whether it was going to be safe to even pump yabbies if I found them.

Cheers Kat. I have adult children and their partners living in Rocky and all are keen fisho's, so I'm often geting reports of sightings off them.
One just needs to be aware that they are part of the system, the out of the way creeks in the Fitzroy are the higher concern areas.... but in saying that any where there is still a concern area

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2022 at 5:50 PM, Kat said:

Sort of teasing but not really.  Tried to post a report on the 3rd day but couldn't get pics to play ball.  Since then have almost been fishing every day, then cleaning eating sleeping and fishing again.  Got back last night and went fishing again this morning!  After filleting and cleaning boat tomorrow I will get out the laptop!

Come on, Kat. We're all waiting for you to relive the week with a report. Everyone I talk to has been following your fishing progress for 2 years.

Mammoth grunters !  You two must have been stoked. What bait ?

Great to see a shark getting sharked...should be more of it I reckon. Would not like to have met the one that attacked though.

Did you see any crocs ?

I actually checked with @benno573 on the Gold spot sweetlips as I haven't caught one for about 20 years, so didn't trust myself.

Just now, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Great work Kat, those are some huge grunter ! 

Unfortunately the big ones aren't mine 😥.  But I keep telling myself that Brett has probably 36 years more fishing experience than me - just so I don't get too depressed.  But yes it was a thrill to see him bring up the big ones.  A fillet from the biggest wouldn't even fit into the largest pan we have.  

1 minute ago, Drop Bear said:

NICE!!!

yum. I bet you ate well.

Actually only had one small feed of Grunter while we were there.  Barely at base for meals fishing way too much to eat anything other than Sandwhiches on board the boat.  Took vac sealer and portable freezer so fish is fresh frozen ready to eat a meal at a time.  I know what I plan on eating next - never tried it or caught it before.  But that will be in the next instalment.