Tinny day

Tuna are fish

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Wow, that's a fair trek in your tinny, solo. Conditions looked good, though.

How much juice did you go through

Shoulda said, dad came with me last minute, don't think i'll do it solo for a while.  Just my single 25L tank was needed.  should also add, I'm fully licensed and have all of the safety gear needed and more

13 hours ago, Tuna are fish said:

Hi all, been a while. 
me and a mate decided to head out fishing on Sunday and try and get some prawns. He called out last second and I already had the boat ready, so headed into the bay on my tinny. Saw some bluefin jumping right next to the boat but couldn’t get any, hooked up on tuna 3 times but lost them each time.  Made it to Moreton and got to test the limits of my tinny

IMG_1428.MOV 17.11 MB · 6 downloads  

FullSizeRender.MOV 12.72 MB · 2 downloads  

6916D632-168A-43F3-80BE-76CBECE518E4.thumb.jpeg.b738fbe9f6124a624aae04e5974f907c.jpeg

Beautiful beach, where is that?

4 minutes ago, Bretto77 said:

Sounds and looks like you have managed to work out your maximum basic range in near perfect conditions. Did you set a track on your sounder or phone? 

You can also do that with a drone Brett,

If you film your boat wash as you're coming home and next time play it back

as your going out you can see by the wash where you've been 

and follow that. 

You with me?

just like putting an X on the side of your boat.🤣

4 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

You can also do that with a drone Brett,

If you film your boat wash as you're coming home and next time play it back

as your going out you can see by the wash where you've been 

and follow that. 

You with me?

Unusually no, I'm not with you. Are you trialling alternative fodder crops for your cattle?😂😂

1 hour ago, Bretto77 said:

Sounds and looks like you have managed to work out your maximum basic range in near perfect conditions. Did you set a track on your sounder or phone?

No, but after doing a quick calculation of bribe to Moreton being 31km so 62 there and back then the beacons and chasing tuna so at least 70 - 80kms on 25L of fuel

5 minutes ago, Tuna are fish said:

No, but after doing a quick calculation of bribe to Moreton being 31km so 62 there and back then the beacons and chasing tuna so at least 70 - 80kms on 25L of fuel

Just be aware that on less glassed out conditions you will use a fair bit more. When I go from Bongaree to Caloundra my usage varies considerable if there's a bit of chop. Usual 6.5 litres per hour has almost doubled to 12 litres per hour... 60hp 4 stroke.

• 1 month later...