1/2 Doz more makes 34 NPD

Dinodadog

B raved the snakes again out at the dam,thought I'd have another go before the weather turns nasty.[already blowing a gale on nortside of town]

I was fishing for about 1/2 an hour when I noticed these 3 idiots over near the weather station,I hope they were not from off this site. These blokes were brainless,

No 1 they where in a no go zone

No 2 one of them went in the water 3 times[never heard of tackleback] and going in water not allowed.

No 3 the three of them were fishing about a metre apart

No 4 they were casting into a galeforce wind.

The only conclusion I could come to is they must be rich kids and mum pays the fines.

On a more happy note on a few hundred metres of legal fishing grounds I managed to land 34 bass. Biggest was 45cm there were a few around the 40cm mark and the rest from 25 to 40cm. Most were caught on a black/red/purple s/bait one on g/vibe and a couple on bladed lures.

Seen a chap fishing with 5 rods out and he was spooling another with line,he said he had caught 1 and while I watched he got another. I said to him that was all he could take home he hit me with the usual I no understands. Then in good english he told me the yellowbelly are to hard to catch[meaning I think that he was going to take more bass]

It's idiots like these people who spoil it for the rest of us.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

They will just wait for you in the parking lot. They also take rego numbers before they wander down for a look.

Up north, If you get cute and they miss you a couple of times coz you sneak out or get a lift, (Ie dont go back to the car park) they'll wait until mumsie or dad come to pick you up then do them as well! (They dont like loosing the toyota very much)

Besides which I find it hard to believe that ****, who is the champion of educating people illegally fishing, (remember he was so passionate about it last year he copped a smack in the mouth for trying to get people to do the right thing) would do so himself!

Feral I was casting with the wind[good long casts no wind knots]

Andrew yesits very hard to get a line in the water with the long grass in the way

Ando I care and so do a lot of other people, why let some idiots spoil it for everybody.

Dan could not see Hokesy for the long grass.

Dino

I also care.

I belong to the stocking association and all the members put in a hell of a lot of hard work to stock the dam.

There are plenty of good fishing spots without tresspassing.

SEQ water makes the rules to ensure the safety of the water supply and the public who access the area.

Darren may not get you but I assure one of the rangers will and it will be a court appearance with an associated criminal record .

If you are not prepared to obey the rules go somewhere else and please do NOT encourage people to fish illegally.

The stocking group is also working to stock Kurwongbah to provide another local first class fishery.

I am going to pm one of the moderators to remove the reference of illegal fishing.

Ray

Yeah mate it was me. 3 words, get over it.

Just so you know we cleaned up as well :) .

1, All of my good sessions have been in gale force winds. It has always been that way, just people don't like fishing in the wind so they don't.

Got those 63 Bass that day on Slugs in winds of 30knot+ in the middle of that cold snap we had here. Always better for me I guess.

Got 50 odd yesterday casting in gale force winds at a completely different spot, you just have to know what places to target ;) .

2, I can't afford losing $25 Jackalls every single session. Just so you know it was about 6 times, that's 4 Jackalls, 2 Spinnerbaits and about $130 still in my pocket (I am the tackle back). So is that really that bad? Plus we don't even drink that water.

3, What's so bad about fishing a meter apart? Not that we were anyway. We may have been standing close at times but we weren't casting like idiots.

4, The further you walk, the more effort you put in to get some fish, the more fish you will catch (If you know what you are doing). I walked for an hour and 20 mins yesterday before I had my first cast, it got drilled. Then kept getting drilled.

5, Yes the grass is long, but spend 5-10mins stepping on a bit of it near the bank and its like it was never there.

6, Haha, I like the comment about fishing in no fishing zones, when I have seen you walking from them yourself. What a crack up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Remember that day I was fishing on the no fishing boundary at McGavin's? And you came walking from around the corner with your mate from the no fishing side?

7, If the Rangers really took fishing in the no fishing zones seriously I would get more then just the usual, yeah no fishing here fellas then what I have got the last couple of times. You may want to see if the rangers are doing there job properly if you say it involves court appearances cause I have never been sent to court for it. Haha, imagine my criminal record, Offence: Not fishing in the right place.

At the end of the day all I want to catch is a couple of fish and if it involves a bit of walking, so be it.

Troy

blue_mako wrote:

Yeah mate it was me. 3 words, get over it.

Just so you know we cleaned up as well :) .

1, All of my good sessions have been in gale force winds. It has always been that way, just people don't like fishing in the wind so they don't.

Got those 63 Bass that day on Slugs in winds of 30knot+ in the middle of that cold snap we had here. Always better for me I guess.

Got 50 odd yesterday casting in gale force winds at a completely different spot, you just have to know what places to target ;) .

2, I can't afford losing $25 Jackalls every single session. Just so you know it was about 6 times, that's 4 Jackalls, 2 Spinnerbaits and about $130 still in my pocket (I am the tackle back). So is that really that bad? Plus we don't even drink that water.

3, What's so bad about fishing a meter apart? Not that we were anyway. We may have been standing close at times but we weren't casting like idiots.

4, The further you walk, the more effort you put in to get some fish, the more fish you will catch (If you know what you are doing). I walked for an hour and 20 mins yesterday before I had my first cast, it got drilled. Then kept getting drilled.

5, Yes the grass is long, but spend 5-10mins stepping on a bit of it near the bank and its like it was never there.

6, Haha, I like the comment about fishing in no fishing zones, when I have seen you walking from them yourself. What a crack up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Remember that day I was fishing on the no fishing boundary at McGavin's? And you came walking from around the corner with your mate from the no fishing side?

7, If the Rangers really took fishing in the no fishing zones seriously I would get more then just the usual, yeah no fishing here fellas then what I have got the last couple of times. You may want to see if the rangers are doing there job properly if you say it involves court appearances cause I have never been sent to court for it. Haha, imagine my criminal record, Offence: Not fishing in the right place.

At the end of the day all I want to catch is a couple of fish and if it involves a bit of walking, so be it.

Troy

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Troy For the first time ever I just tried to give someone negative karma but unfortunatly i gave some positive kar,a yesterday so i will have to wait.

Ray

username_taken wrote:

Come on fellas! threads like this belong at that other fishing internet website thingy ... not here!

exactly what I was thinking, id hate to see our great site turn into a laughing stock like some other sites. there have been far too many arguments and direct attacks on people over the last little while. and im not just talking about this thread. please try and keep this great site what makes it unique and dont let it become degraded and take it down to the other sites level

Lee

Archived