Custom Built esky: for boats

Ash

In what sort of way do you mean 'custom'?

There was a great esky on here last week for $100 that was coldroom material built or are you thinking of an esky with pedestal seat on top or the like?

There is this place http://www.boatbox.com.au/ or I found a guy who worked out of Forest Lake too. I thought that was his website but it must be something similar.

I sold a coldroom one to cando last week. Have a look in the for sale section "massive esky" there are a couple of photos that might give you an idea on how to build one. The main expense/difficulty is getting your hands on the panels.

The other option is fibreglass. I dont know much about building one but my brother has made a couple. Im not sure how hard it is but i can ask him for you. He is a boat builder by trade though so he had all the tools readily available.

yeah i want it to be fixed to the boat. Not looking for standrad esky shape. More like a rectangle standing on its end. And with a cushion on top for seating. Looking at maybe 80high x 40wide x 40depth sort of shape.

I'll check out that website thanks booty

have a look at the poly esky they hold ice very well you should be able to get one close not as tall as you would like maybe mount it on a set of draws for tackle underneath :unsure:

i know with fiberglass there is a couple of different types of foam available as the resin eats polystyrene so you need to use the foam they make surfboards out of or ive seen people paint polystyrene with a heap of waterbased house paint then glass over it good way to save a few bucks if your cheap like me:laugh:

Bommie wrote:

have a look at the techni-ice website, my dad got one from them for xmas and it is great, and good price too

/>http://www.techniice.com/english/iceboxes.asp

check out the 1100 ltr one:laugh:

Thats the new version of a poly craft just add an out board :P

Me personally would not have another cold room style esky.(Especially in the boat.

1. Sharp edges and very hard when ya fall on it.

2. Dont believe they are efficient. HAd 1 and it seames to sweat on the outside. Didnt keep ice anywhere near as well as a fibreglass esky.

Richard.

I bought a 120 Litre Techni Ice one on Ebay from a distributer and got it $200 landed on my doorstep with 12 sheets of Techni Ice. I saw the Techni Ice recently in the hardware for $6.95 and I thought it was for 4 sheets or so, but that was per sheet!

Great size to plonk in back of boat and sit on, stand on, dance on etc etc. Tough as can be. Holds the cold real well too.

Speaking of Techni Ice, here is a secret to share. I purchase Conessa brand meals as I am losing weight at the moment. 10 meals delivered cost me $50. Tell them you wont be home and need an esky pack and for $2 extra you get one of those brocoli boxes, with in insulated bubble wrap bag inside and 2 or 3 sheets of the thinner Techni Ice. Perfect to use as a disposible esky after a big fishing trip out. Plonk fish in bag, pack Techni Ice around then outside of bag so no freezer burn and then slap down the lid... presto!! I have kits available for purchase...LOL

get outta here Booty, loosing weight? What the h#ll for? your probably fittest member here!

You just dont wanna cook din dins!

Ash there is a place that makes them at Narangba just up the road from Chooks Corner, If I remember I'll go to work that way and get their details for you. Its one of the big names, like eva kool or similar.

Feral wrote:

get outta here Booty, loosing weight? What the h#ll for? your probably fittest member here!.

You obviously did not see me running after my crook yesterday up the main drag of town! I thought if I just keep him in sight, he will keep seeing me and give up thinking its a no hoper and he did exactly that after about 400 metres god bless him!

Archived