AZZA

Hi guys , Friday arvo headed up to Monduran with two mates and met my brother in law at the camp ground where we had a good old fashioned catch up over too many beers:cheer: . Draged our seedy heads out of the swags at 5am and headed to the ramp. Put the hammer down and shot up to B arm where we found a fishy looking spot :) .Cast after cast we worked this area cast to the weed edges, cast to the timber, change lure cast some more all to no avail as everyone was feeling a bit dogey it wasn't a hard chose when sugested that we move position and we do it by trolling . ten mins into trolling and my line gct smashed:woohoo: , a pretty easy fight saw the fish coming to the boat nicely , but once he got a look at the boat headed stright for the trees:ohmy: , put a fair bit of hurt him to try and stop but snaped my 50lb braid like cotton one big fish lost along with a gold viper:( Five mins later Mark gets smashed and boats a nice 85cm model:woohoo: hang overs have quickly faded away 10 mins to 15 mins later I get belted and after a pretty easy tussel managed to get a 86cm fish into the net wich promptly snapped :woohoo: We trolled some more for half an hour or more before steve hooked up after a good soild fight with some good leaps he had this monster 5 meters from the boat when it charged for the trees and straghtened out a 50lb snap swivell and spat the lure out at the same time:( Then we trolled and flicked lures til the heat drove us of the water and back to the shady camp without another touch, will post sundays report after I feed the kids some tasty barra bites [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0328_AFO.jpg

post-1766-144598445162_thumb.jpg

Sunday a cool change had come through making it more bearable so we hit the water at 5 am (with clear heads this time) headed back to our little honney hole that had been nic named fish ally with areas such as steves tree ,bust off bay and the block of flats. first pass through not a touch:( turn around and as we are just about through our 2nd pass Peter gets belted and loses his fish to what looked like damaged braid :( next pass through mark hooks up near the block of flats after a all to breif fight the mighty barra spits out his lure:( A couple more passes with no action then peter gets hit hard at the entrance to fish ally and the struggle comences with Pete wining some line then the fish winning some back ,when he was close to the boat the mighty fish took one last lunge at freedom destroying Petes rod in the process :angry: but Pete forght on plunging what was left of his rod into the water to keep the line off the keel as the opponent had taken a short cut to the other side of the boat this last burst tired the mighty fish out and he came unwilling to the boat this fish fort a hard fight well above his 82 cm in the battle he destroyed one split ring and bent another hook:cheer: thats him in the early post. back to some more trolling and as we are coming up to stevs tree and needing to navagate a tight area with two other boats my rod is just about ripped from my hand as this fish puts the power on to get to the closest tree and so begins the battle between man and fish this brute took me from one side of the channel to the other just falling short each time befor finally comming to the boat and measuring 95cm:woohoo: Some more fishing and petes on again on his back up rod and boats a lovley 48cm bass :woohoo: after a bit more trolling Steves got a hook up at last and you can see his spirt lift as he hasn't boated a fish yet only to have his line snap at the knot totaly gutting and that was the last hookup for the weekend. All up 10 hook ups for 4 barra 1 bass 1 catfish [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0324_AFO.jpg

post-1766-144598445181_thumb.jpg

Archived