Noosa Sound - 23rd March 2008

Terry H

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

username_taken wrote:

will post more pics and my thoughts later on, gotta run out and pick stuff up for the missus...

DSC03531.JPG.jpg

Mate how friggen pumped are you!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm pumped just reading about it and looking at the pic's.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Fish of a lifetime there mate, WELL DONE!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Get a load of the size of the lure too the size of it's mouth :laugh: :laugh:

Jayson

It was awesome, I heard Terry making a noise, looked over and his rod is bent over and I can hear drag, was really steady so I thought at first he was snagged and was drifting away from the snag. After realising it was a fish I called it for a ray, then for a shark, even when I saw a flash of fish, I could only think "what shark looks like a flathead?", another flash, "damn, it really looks like a flathead, but they don't get that big". Finally Terry got it up next to the kayak, but with no net he couldn't get the lip grips in, it ran every time he tried. I said "It's a wonder your leader is holding up" and Terry looked like he wanted to stab me and told me to shut the hell up before I jinx him.

Terry had the idea to get out and wrestle the fish, so I grabbed his kayak and watched him chase it, Terry started to get smaller and I realised I was drifting away from him at a reasonable pace, I jumped out and joined him in the water.

By this time Terry had managed to lipgrip the flattie and started heading my way, I grabbed the camera and started shooting. It was heavy enough that even Terry had to switch hands holding the grippers. Wrestled the lizard onto the brag mat, but was too hard to hold her still enough, but we knew she was somewhere between 95 and 100cm. Terry measured her against his oar then after a big tongue kiss let her go.

Going on Terry's current record, he's due for his next fish in 2013.

TerryH wrote:

Mate we were like 300m from any land. A quick floppy brag measured it in the 90s, measured him against my paddle then measured the paddle back on land.

Arrr Ummm that would be "her" I do believe. :P

Man great, good reward for all the effort you put in to.:woohoo: B) :woohoo:

Thanks for posting up on my other home at KFDU Terry, and what a terrific lizard by far the biggest I have seen this year secured from a yak. I wish I had got off my "wormy blurta" and met you guys down at the Sound, imagine how big the fish would have been then:woohoo: . One for the young fellas today while the old blokes were home having a nanna nap.

Regards

Al

Awesome Flathead Terry!!! The drought has definately broken, and hopefully you can get onto some more great fish in the next few trips.

Mate, you should send that photo to the Courier Mail and say you ate it... I bet they would eat that story up! :P :laugh:

Im loving the photo of the sx-40 in its mouth, that must be a big meal for a fish that size! :huh:

-Nelson-

Hey everyone Im back!

I bloody love the Noosa River! :) Ill be doing the pilgrimage more often for sure.

While i did not get anything huge, 5 Moses Perch, 2 Cod and 1 Bream with countless strikes and dropped fish certainly kept me entertained.

WEll bloody Done Terry! What a weekend for you mate. I hope you also do a Borumba report???

Thanks to all the guys that came up, bloody good fishing company.

Terry and Paul: Could you email all you flathead pics as they will have to feature in my next article :)

GULPS certainly proved to be the best lure of the day for me personally, but i also got one bream on an SX60 and a cod on a MU-SP :) It was an MU-SP that was in teh sample pack and as far as i know the only one in the country :) Looking forward to my Damiki order even more now!

I have to do a few jobs but ill upload and post my pictures ASAP.

Cheers!

Angus

• 2 months later...

Frenzy, did you read my post, or just happily ignore it?

I do know better, it was a once off where I didn't provide support for a fish.

Like I said, look at any of my other captures and you'll see I support them. I don't care about how big or heavy they are.

Shortie: lol the whole beach is supporting that one

Of course I read you post............party island, 62cm flathead etc. What's your point?

Noosa river is my home turf, I know exactly where you got that fish from the photos.

It's a top fish mate, excellent fish, i understand how excitement and adrenaline would kick in when you see a fish like that.

Breeders like that need to be handled correctly as I'm sure you are aware.

No hard feelings mate. Keep up the good work.

Archived