I'm a bad man,sneak lure purchases.

chubbstar

Am I a Bad man?:huh:

Yesterday I snuck into a pub with $20, walked out with $200:woohoo:

Now I could have gone home and gave it too the boss (yeah right) or I could do a bit of sneak tackle shopping.

I've been looking around for some cheap lures to trawl with, as I had none:( , but thats now changed:woohoo:

I went to BCF yesterday and scored a Shimano tackle bag with 5 trays etc and enough pockets to keep a pick pocket busy for a week. I also grabbed a few River2Sea HB's.

Stopped in AMart for a quick look threw the bargin bin and walked out with 8 pkts Squidge Wrigglers in various colours $2.99each and 3 HB

lures for $10. 1 lure alone had a $14.99 price tag.:woohoo: Score

Today snuck into BIG W for a look and found a heap of lures for $4.54. All different sizes, colours etc, so I picked out 10 thinking it would cost me $45.40. Got to the checkout and was charged $32.80 :woohoo: scored.

I got home not long ago and sent my wife of to lunch with her mum so I could take a pic and sort out my new gear:laugh:

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lure_002_AFO.jpg

Todays cheapies

AM I A BAD MAN;) :laugh: :laugh: You bet your Ass I am:P

Jayson

post-1458-144598449842_thumb.jpg

mate its the only way to get tackle

i went to the bcf night and said i was going to get a recovery kit for the car, well had one given to me from a mate so spent money on lures and stuff, hid them and showed the misses the free recovery kit i got and said thats what i spent the cash on hahahha

It's nice to fill up the tackle box once in a while with some splurging. Good one. Also with those cheaper hardbodies they sell at Big W and Kmart i've found that if you jerk them hard they tend to dart really hard one way or another. When fishing over sandy flats it can be deadly for flatties.

yes believe it or not sometimes I'll admit that the cheapies can do some things better.:lol:

Aaron H wrote:

Remote control garage doors are the best invention for sneaking in gear, I walk through the garage before entering the house, and hide the evidence :evil:

used this one a fair bit, then later if ya want to play with your new stuff i would go outside for a "smoke" and after a while she would come to see what im doin and i would just day cleaning my fishin stuff and she would think its old stuff!

While I was sorting my new tackle bag and 4 new lures lastnight. My boss come over and had a look "They look like new lures" she said:blink: :ohmy: I puckerd up, yeah thats because I kept them in the packets, I had no room for them in the old one.:unsure:

OH and off she went

Jayson

The best i did was about 8 years ago.

I she really liked the Mummy DVd's

I got home and said honey i bought you a present. And gave her the DVD. She said thanks and gave me a big cuddle. But then said i like it but we dont have a DVD player.

To which i replied i bought myself a little present as well. lol

I dont realy have to sneak in anygear that I want.

What I do is when in a Tackle shop I ,pick up what I would like,then put it back and say"Nah maybe next time , cant afford it this week".

Glenda then generaly goes back and gets me a "Surprise".It usually apears on the kitchen table when I get home from work.

What can I say, She loves me, spoils me and loves her fishing too. :kiss: :kiss:

shortie wrote:

The best i did was about 8 years ago.

I she really liked the Mummy DVd's

I got home and said honey i bought you a present. And gave her the DVD. She said thanks and gave me a big cuddle. But then said i like it but we dont have a DVD player.

To which i replied i bought myself a little present as well. lol

Good one Shorty :laugh: ;)

Lozzel wrote:

I dont realy have to sneak in anygear that I want.

What I do is when in a Tackle shop I ,pick up what I would like,then put it back and say"Nah maybe next time , cant afford it this week".

Glenda then generaly goes back and gets me a "Surprise".It usually apears on the kitchen table when I get home from work.

What can I say, She loves me, spoils me and loves her fishing too. :kiss: :kiss:

thats beatifull lozz what a great relationship:)

The best one was a few years back.

Glenda came into a bit of a windfall, Said lets go to "Bundy" for the weekend. sure whynot.

went down sat morning early,then she said thats a nice boat in that boat yard,as we drove past, Lets have alook.

After a great weekend we arrived home on monday WITH..... [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/boat.jpg

I think this is the most informative thread ever--- loads of tips on how you guys go around and get away with it.

But the downside is shame on you! Apart from Lozzel, how pathetic you all are! Living under the mercy of your wives, be embarrassed!

Oh wait... I have to do the laundry now... while cooking. :P

EMP

Stinger wrote:

Come on guys use a bit of logic on them.

When ever my better half says not more fishing gear.

I just reply You buy shoes I buy fishing gear makes us even.

Happy to stop if you are.

Yeah, pretty much same for me. I say you spend $100s of $$$ on clothes, makeup, jewellery and all that crap in the bathroom I have no idea what is for.

I think a lure or two is minimal in comparison:P

:laugh: :laugh:

the funny thing is you blokes don't realise we KNOW this goes on and we CHOOSE to turn a blind eye to it...whatever gets you out of the house for a few hours of peace and quiet!

besides jimmybob would never do that would you jimmybob? and even if he did you guys would never be able to read about it on here!!

Besides jimmybob please stop buying me lures...i know they're not really for me....:P

mrsjimmybob wrote:

:laugh: :laugh:

the funny thing is you blokes don't realise we KNOW this goes on and we CHOOSE to turn a blind eye to it...whatever gets you out of the house for a few hours of peace and quiet!

besides jimmybob would never do that would you jimmybob? and even if he did you guys would never be able to read about it on here!!

Besides jimmybob please stop buying me lures...i know they're not really for me....:P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ohmy: Damn it a Female, This will spread from hairdresser to nail technition in a matter of days, my wife will come home from getting her hair done and give me a bitch slap from hell:unsure: I'm busted big time now :(

Jimmy stop PMing me all the lures that you're sneaking past your lovely wife:P Bad man

Jayson

we were at the shops today i said i should buy that drum kit (one i have been eyeing off for ages) she said okay! i had to pick my jaw up from the ground and then she quickly added after you buy me an engagement ring i suddenly wasnt excited anymore!

kriso wrote:

we were at the shops today i said i should buy that drum kit (one i have been eyeing off for ages) she said okay! i had to pick my jaw up from the ground and then she quickly added after you buy me an engagement ring i suddenly wasnt excited anymore!

Your stuffed mate.

haha, dont try to tell the wife discounted prices too! doesnt work no more with the internet -__-.. my ex-boss got busted when his wife googled his new rods and reels! :P

My home minister used to get really ticked off at my purchases, and we used to get into some really really horrible fights over em, but now that she's into Coach, Burberry and Dior there isnt that much of a fuss about my fishing expenditure anymore.. haha. good or bad i've no idea what to think -_-

I don't hid anything, I just don't tell her unless she asks :P !!

Last time i got a new rod I was told by the little lady" you know noel, you spend more on fishing gear then you do on my birthday/ xmas gifts!!!:( " Only thing i could say to that was.. "thats right hun, and I spend more on fishing gear then you spend on my birthday/xmas gifts, So whats your point!! :P :laugh:

didn't go down well but she got over it!! ;)

Noel

My best mate rents a property from me (my old bachelor pad) so all my new purchases are keeped over there as the wife has always said we dont have enough room here to store all your fishing gear. So when ever we go away camping or fishing I say i'm just heading over to the unit to grab some fishing gear she never knows whats new and whats not. Got my Mo Tackle catalogue yesterday so an order will be placed Monday when she goes to work and delivered to me at work perfect....maratial bliss gotta love it

Cheers

Heath

Archived