Baroon Pocket 6/4/08

Rocket75

Despite the lack of success in recent reports, Kath and I are planning to hit Baroon tomorrow afternoon. We are hoping to escape the coastal winds:angry: and catch our first bass on poppers.

We stocked up today on some new lures from Fishhead. One of them is a jointed crank bait by River2Sea called V-Crank 60. Has anyone used one of these? Looks like it will have a good action... and it's purple :woohoo:

[img size=417]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/new_lure_008.jpg

Does anyone know what times the gate at the Maleny boat ramp open/shut? We're thinking about staying for dusk and don't want to get locked in :(

Maybe will have to use Montville ramp.

Wish us luck!!! Come and say hi if you're in the area. We'll be in the teeny tiny tinnie with the blue beach umbrella (hopefully for protection from the sun, not rain:unsure: )

post-953-144598451239_thumb.jpg

Shrimpo: Yeha thats right. Its good when we have a AFO day up there as its usually about 5 boats and a LOT of yaks. Makes for a BBQ after :P

Rocket: Mate that lure looks the goods for Baroon. Id be trying the SW flats if I were you. But not to close to the bank as the weed is horrible by all accounts.

As far as the gates go, depsite advertised times, we have been there a couple of times and they have been opened or closed against the displayed advice. I would personally scarifice the extra 5-10minutes and head to the Montville Ramp. By the times you go through Maleny and around that bloody windy road its really about 10 minutes less sleep :)

Good luck mate.

Hope your report can break my concern over Baroon!

Angus

Rocket on thurs the wind was blowing and the water was very dirty. As the wind picks up in the arvo I would have a good look at the forcast first. That lure looks a cert for the weed edges, good luck. Good rule when using elec motors is to have the wind with you on the way home.

Archived