Heading to Peter Faust Dam!!!!!

bretto

Just finalised my trip with my old man to lake prosopine on the labour day weekend in may. Been there once before and caught 4 in the 90cm range but none over the metre.

Fished with Lindsey Dobe on his charter last time but we are now taking our 4.75 trailcraft out for a spin and having a shot for the big one.

Look forward to getting out there with the old boy and smashing a few metre plus barra.

Has anybody got any idea on how it is fishing lately?

Brett

Cheers everyone.

Still four weeks to go but I have already packed all my gear away ready for the trip :P Can't wait. Will be good to be on my boat again though.

Should be an awesome month with a trip to peter faust followed by the kayak camp at hinze.

man i miss PF

we used to go there not for the barra (as there were just as big ones 5min away from home) but for the REDCLAW :woohoo:

man i loved eating those things.

we caught a fare few and a few really big ones on the oddest of baits, from soap to mangos to roadkill anything worked.

Have a great trip man looking fowared to the report

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have read all there is to read on the dam and changed all the trebles on my lures.

I am all packed and ready to go.

I dont think I will be getting much sleep as i am quite excited at the prospect of landing a metre plus barra.

Flying out tomorrow morning and meeting up with my dad at the airport.

Will be fishing tomorrow night, all saturday and sunday morning. Should leave as plenty of time to get a few :cheer: :cheer:

Brett

I'm back and we didn't get the big one in the boat this time but we got close several times. Landed a few smaller models and a ginormous sooty grunter. Going to get feed now and will post a report and pics soon.

Brett

Archived