Kayak Camp/Comp - the report

benno573

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way awesome trip everyone!

Terry: Sadly for those that caught fish at night the rules had to be clarified that they didnt count for the first day. After all night fishing is totally prohibited on Hinze so it was a "do it at your own risk" scenario.

I had to do some work work yesterday arvo but i will get all my pictures up tonight. Some good ones of a few people getting onto their first bass ever so happy days!

Angus

Angus wrote:

Terry: Sadly for those that caught fish at night the rules had to be clarified that they didnt count for the first day. After all night fishing is totally prohibited on Hinze so it was a "do it at your own risk" scenario.

I had to do some work work yesterday arvo but i will get all my pictures up tonight. Some good ones of a few people getting onto their first bass ever so happy days!

Angus

It is all good Angus. We knew that they didn't count on the first days tally. We were just joking around. I thought Malcom was gonna kill us when we got back and told him we got a 43cm & 45cm Bass :laugh: :laugh:

Was a great trip mate and I wish I could attend the winter camp but will have to give it a miss this time :(

bretto wrote:

Angus wrote:

Angus

It is all good Angus. We knew that they didn't count on the first days tally. We were just joking around. I thought Malcom was gonna kill us when we got back and told him we got a 43cm & 45cm Bass :laugh: :laugh:

Was a great trip mate and I wish I could attend the winter camp but will have to give it a miss this time :(

No kidding :laugh: :laugh:

Night fishing is prohibited hey? :ohmy: I must have missed the rules

After going on this trip and having so much fun. (The fun wasnt only in the fishing i enjoyed the company, drinking and laughs even more than the fishing) i can see the winter camp as being a blast.

For those of you that have not been on a AFO overnight event i can highly recommend it. A very relaxed atmosphere, with great conversation. These events are suitable for all types of people, dont be afraid you will not fit in as everyone is made welcome.

As as Steve from sports tuition said to me. he really enjoys AFO trips because there are no egoes and everyone lends a hand. Get behind the Winter Camp i can guarantee you a great time that you will talk about for years to come.

Richard.

Enjoyed the trip a lot, The fishing was very hard on the lures,

I landed a 36cm and a 32cm first day both on a Mazzi Vib. that was it no more fish landed casts would have numbered in the thousands lol.

anyway really enjoyed the company and laughs around the camp fire. the whole Tent fiascoe was good for a laugh too

thanks to angus, steve and all those involved in the organisation of the event

PS Angus, it wasnt me lol

Lee

Lol

:whistle:

Good fun

PS Angus, it wasn't me, I was just watching... I swear.

Edit: Brett, I can't remember if I included it in antoher post or told you. i was wrong, it was one of those outback lures with the little fin on the top. Dunno how I never noticed that fin until sunday:P

Angus wrote:

Many of the dams prohibit night fishing, some are rabid in their enforcement (Lenthalls anyone) others just have it in the rule book, but never enforce it (Monduran).

TerryH wrote:

Lol

:whistle:

Good fun

PS Angus, it wasn't me, I was just watching... I swear.

Edit: Brett, I can't remember if I included it in antoher post or told you. i was wrong, it was one of those outback lures with the little fin on the top. Dunno how I never noticed that fin until sunday:P

The one you were using had a heaps better sound to it than mine and cost about 10 bucks less :lol: I went out and grabbed one of those black outback jitterbug things yesterday for the weekend. Was the one you were using black mate?

well everyone wasnt that a top weekend

i had an absolute ball, caught sfa got smashed by something huge and way more powerfull than a bass on a tassie devil on saturday arvo

i deffinately want a yak they are great fun the only drawback is that after 6 hours in one i felt like i had come last in an arse kicking comp

congratulations to all the winners, mal for winning the profish and benno 573 for winning the livefiber rod on his first attempt at bass fishing

a huge thanks to alex for providing yhe prize and all the other loaners for the weekend even though he was flying on one wing

well done to the organisers and the disorganisers too

all i can say now is

bring on the winter camp

my average sized bass for the weekend [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/kayakcamp025_AFO.jpg

post-422-144598458561_thumb.jpg

fishyman wrote:

benno573 wrote:
fishyman wrote:
haha it sort of worked i was moving, just not very fast :blush:

only as fast as the wind was blowing mate... :laugh:

oi :angry:

:blush: :lol: :lol: :P

:P :P :P :P you should change your signature "i want my paddle" :laugh:

nah tom, it was great to meet ya mate, you remind me of me about 6yrs ago. mad keen!!!

jeff f wrote:

Thats a great photo Jeff. I tried to get a photo all weekend with all the yaks in it. Impossible. Even this photo is less than Half!!!

On another note guys Steve was quite busy and only managed a couple of photo's. In the interest of repping AFO in his article could everyone email their photo's from the weekend to: sportstuition@optusnet.com.au

Cheers!

Angus

fishyman wrote:

haha yeah was great to meet you mate didnt know you liked the kitchen that much though :P

haha i want my paddle

classic

mate, i've heard what some of the other blokes are like as chef's... :blink: i even got a job offer out of it!!

nice signature...;)

I loved that refreshment stand. Of 40litres brought in those kegs, none went home! And thats excluding the fact that most people brought their own rum and beer anyway! Everyone was surprisingly subdued considering I thought!

Angus

Archived