Schultz, Gotta love it!!

chubbstar

Well as you may have read, I had a prick of a day down the Gold Coast. Nothing hooked in 7 hours of fishing:blink: :angry:

So I came home had a drink and a good hard think of my current slump. Bugger it I'm hitting Schultz I thought, So got there around 2:30ish and slipped and slid down to the bridge. Set myself up and let fly with my first cast. I was useing a 2" Grub in Mango Ripple. I let it sink, Twitch, Twitch, SNAG. Argh bugger, re-rigged with the same type of Sp and casted again into a different spot. Twitch, Twitch, SNAG, ARGHHHHHH *$@# you gotta be S**ting me!!:angry: I was gunna pack it in there and then, I mean damn how much can a man take in one day:S . Re-rigged casted out Twitch, Twitch, Twitch, Twitch SNAG!!! ARGHHHHH hang on this snag is tugging back:woohoo: :woohoo: . A small fight insued and I finally landed my first fish for the day. A nice little Flathead at 44cm. Anyways Ended the day with about 8 Snags, 2 Flathead and 2 Bream all caught on SP's and released to fight another day.

I know it's not much, but after the start of my day I'll happily take them.

Schultz is a Dirty, Smelly, Muddy S**t hole. But It never lets me down.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Schultz_003_AFO.jpg

Jayson

post-1458-144598458509_thumb.jpg

ive been there twice

caught 3 bream and a flattie, nearly caught a shark on plastic, watched like 20 sharks crusing around, seen anthony stack his bike big time into the river :P, walked our bikes through 1.5m of water,

pretty adventurous place is schultz

Man Chubstar you've gotta hate it when everything goes wrong like that, seemed like things ended well anyway.

I was fishing schultz yesterday arvo aswell, on the other side of the river, I took my 4x4 down there, I fished for about 3 or 4 hours and got one cracker bream just under a kilo. Did you see the fire?

Someone had lit a fire on my side of the canal, must have used petrol cause it was pretty damp over there, it got pretty big at one stage just after dark, I was sitting on the back of my car fishing and listening to a bit of crowded house when these three firemen turn up out of nowhere to have a look at the fire, apparently there is no brisbane bush fire brigade and they had to walk the couple of klm's because they couldnt get thier 23 tone truch through the track without a bulldozer haha. I was feeling kind so I went up to see if they wanted a life back so I drove ten klm's an hour back down the track with three firies hanging of my sidesteps..

Another Schultz Canal Adventure..

Whats the worst thing about playing football for New South Wales..

Having to tell your parents your gay...

Enjoy the game..

Chubbs,

I reckon if you ran an iron over that brag mate the flattie on there would be lucky to pull 40cm. I mean there is atleast 5cm of corrugations in it ;-)

Well done though, as they say persistence pays rewards. I am still heading out tomorrow to try things on at the Pin!

Thoroughly enjoyed the report, Chubbstar. Really funny with the snags. :laugh:

Don't feel bad about your Schultz visit. I've seen people burning themselves under the sun all day catching nothing. As long as you enjoyed it which I'm sure you did!

EMP:)

They are TT heads mate, I think there 1/28, the lead is on the shank inside the Sp.

Booty, You've got a good point there, But I'll leave the ironing to my wife;)

Whatnow, lite jigheads mate and I highly rate Mango Ripple 2"Shrimps and Grubbs. Then just cast and Twitch, Twitch, SNAG :pinch:

Good on ya for helping out the Fire fighters, Good man:)

Jayson

Archived