fishing session fri 20.6 night

novrain

hi guys

planning to bring my wife and friends out for a fish tomorrow after the broncos game.

i'll need somewhere comfortable , at least with lights and a place to put a chair. they're not keen fishos as usual so if any trekking is to be done, i'm the only one who will be doing it. also not keen on lending them my good rods as i'm afraid they might drop or step on it... ahh.. the joys

places i was thinking about include

wynnum - i'll be giving this a miss as it gets pretty crowded

schultz - was thinking about this but it gets super dark at night and no places to sit around

wellington point jetty - too many hoons on weekend?

cleveland?

hornibrook bridge?

Hornibrooke bridge

redcliffe jetty?

shorncliffe jetty?

nudgee beach - was thinking here but maybe too man yrocks

pinkenba? possible?

appreciate all thoughts and suggestions..

rgds

Merv

off the rock walls at the mouth of manly harbour isn't too bad... not exactly a perfect place to set a chair up and contemplate your navel though. if the tide is high you could probably fish off the top of the wall off the grassy bit, will be pretty snaggy in close to the rocks though. cast out into the middle and you should get a few bream and maybe a tailor or two at night time. personally, i'd just go to the jetty for ease of fishing.

benno573 wrote:

william gunn jetty mate manly boat harbour - very easy place to fish for beginners and as kriso said a security boffin there all the time to keep the young idiots like me and henry away. :P

:silly: :lol: keep us away from cast netting close to the cafe.

as angus and a few other guys have stated the william gunn jetty at manly is ok. last couple of times ive been its been pretty quiet and you've got the option to go over to the rock wall as well, the place is very lit up and safe. also maybe newstead park is ok as well pleanty of space. I think there is a lack of fishing at night due to the colder weather

Archived