NPD this week ?

Rocket75

I really need to catch me a bass soon:P

My lure bag has been stocked with more slugs and spinnerbaits, new line on my new reel, all ready to go.

Weather may be a problem...

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld_synoptic.aspBarometer wise, if I'm reading this correctly we won't have any 1020ish days till Thursday.

Am I reading it right? Please let me know if I'm not.

Having seen recent anecdotal evidence supporting barometric influence on fishing success, I'm keen to test the theory for myself.

That would mean going on a day less barometrically favoured, and then on a more likely day and comparing the evident catches.

Anyone keen to help test the hypothesis..."1020 bass'a'plenty"?:huh:

Good luck with them Rocket!:woohoo:

Jase and my last trip cost me a couple of lures and my mobile phone:( Buying a new one took so long I missed the Filleting thing at Anaconda:S

We caught one each in about 45 minutes of fishing, then looked at each other standing waist deep in water and pissing down rain, "bugger this" and we did a runner:laugh:

I can see why you didn't show up;)

There's a slim chance that I'll be up for a fish with you thursday. I'll let you know closer to the day.

Jayson

Rocket because the barometer is up doesn't mean you will catch more fish, it just means it should give you a better chance. Last year I caught heaps of fish when the barometer was down. I watch the barometer all the time and its usualy got to be below 1010 to stop me from going. You can catch them in the rain,wind,sun,shade,high and low temps etc.. But being where the fish are is the key, as they won't sit around the same area for to long, you have to be a hunter ha ha

Thanks Dino, with so many variables that can effect results, I'm just happy if I can increase my chances a wee bit:P .

As you said, I too have caught Bass in all conditions and not always when you expect:blink:

Oh well, if it was too easy there would be no fish left by now.

Hey Rocket

Well I got a leave pass and although I normally don't fish below 1020, I still headed out to NPD ('cause I got a leave pass of course). Now Dinodadog has a point about fishing where the fish are, but I tell ya' my spot always fires (mostly) when I have high barometer. Sunday was crap I flogged the bank to death for ziltch and the pressure was 1016 and falling.

But there was also rain previous and a slight westerly and yes the fish may have moved on, but unless someone tells me they bagged out on NPD on Sunday I'll keep to my "anecdotal" theories.....but if I get a forced leave pass I'll still go, maybe do a spot of bird watching if it's slow :)

Norm

Too true Nog, gotta fish when u can !

If only the fish played by the same rules all the time...but alas with their tiny little fish brains they seem to outwit me constantly...doesn't say much for my intellect:blush:

Might bump into you out there sometime when our leave passes co-incide:P

Rocket

OK, the Barometer is on the way up, I'm heading over to NPD tomm AM (not too early!prob about 9.00am;) ) to chase some Bass.

Will probably end up trying a few spots starting with the place I pulled my PB bass and yella from not too long ago.

It's a bit of a walk followed by a brief bush bash...anyone interested in coming is welcome to join me, just let me know so we can organise to meet up.

Will check AFO before I leave tomm just in case anyone is keen.

Wish me luck:unsure:

Rocket

Archived