NPD Busier than a one armed paperhanger.

rayke1938

Despite the forecast not being the best I thought i would be able to sneak in a quick visit before the wind got up.

Did my redclaw pots on the way down for a measly 15 redclaw. The brand of dried catfood seems to disolve after 2 days and so the redclaw go walkabout again. One of my shrimp pots had holes chewed in it by redclaw but I got a couple of dozen shrimp out of the other. Looks like I am going to have to changeover to my metal pots.

P1050148AFO.jpg

Arrived at spot x at around 7am after stuffing around trolling for a bit.

P1050146AFO.jpg

Made a mug of coffee, set up 3 rods with shrimp ready baited,dropped the pick and bingo tripple hookup.

P1050145AFO.jpg

Took a while to untangle everything and next thing another tripple.

P1050147AFO.jpg

Went back to using one rod and just playing around with techniques. Found the most successful was just using a hook on the bottom with a small split shot ( About 1/4 the size of a pea and just flicking it out and watching the line sink quite often the line woul;d start going sideways at about 5 feet depth.

Ran out of bait after 35 minutes and 17 bass.

One respectable one.

P1050143AFO.jpg

Most of the rest between mid 30s to low 40s.

My coffee was cold and untouched so I had to reboil kettle and make another one before leaving.

Did my redclaw pots on the way back and picked up another 25.

Glad I went.

Cheers

Ray

P1050144AFO.jpg

"The first Bass is a funny little stumpy fish"

Yes it is not unusual to get the odd deformed bass but I have never noticed it in yellas.

Looks like I took a photo of the same fish twice I got rather confused with everything happening at once and may have dropped it on the floor instead of releasing. I just seemed to have fish everywhere.If you look at the second photo it does seem to be a lot pinker around the tail and head. Still swam off strongly so should be ok.

I kind of cheesed off a guy lurefishing as I caught around 7 one after another right in front of him and he couldnt entice a bite.

The dam seems to have risen about a foot or so but when I looked at SEQ waters site it now only gives the current percentage and doesnt give any rises or falls or any rainfall history.

I have sent them an email asking if this info is available elsewhere.

CHeers

Ray

jee those bass are FAT!!! that first one is a choad :Dhahaha.

Ray I've finished the 2 lappys... I'll give you a call later about them.

and this is the only sorta info I could drag up about rainfall in the area... they don't show the data like they used to before this new revamped SEQ website.

/>http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ60286.html

Looks like a load of fun! I wonder if a soft plastic shrimp would get any interest.

rayke1938 wrote:

The dam seems to have risen about a foot or so but when I looked at SEQ waters site it now only gives the current percentage and doesnt give any rises or falls or any rainfall history.

I have sent them an email asking if this info is available elsewhere.

CHeers

Ray

You can view a longer history by clicking on the links next to the word zoom above the graph. You can also move your pointer over the graph to see what the percentage was on a given day.

You're right about the level. NPD was at 92.81% on 22/12/09 and currently 94.73%.

rayke1938 wrote:

North pine dam or lake sampsonvale near petrie boating access via permit only.Petrol motors not allowed. Do a google on PRFMA. Permits issued april each year . Limited to 300 permits.

Cheers

Ray

The good news Ray is that there will be 400 permits available next April.

Steve.

Rocket75 wrote:

and then there are the days you can fish for hours lure and bait and not get a touch....fickle beast tht NPD!

Yep, that was yesterday for me. First time with the new leccie boat. At least I got to practice retrieving errant flies from the trees :)

Norm

Archived