Monduran 20/11/to 30/11 2009.

rayke1938

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have managed to get some rum, pull out the lure bag and thats about it. Still have the sail boat hooked up to the car waiting to be washed and put away. Need to pack some clothes, find my swag, and get some dinner and get to bed.

I am excited to be going, but just too damn hot to do stuff outside at the moment!

Shortie - Text me your address, otherwise I have no idea.

Well pretty much got the gear from the shed done, now just got to sort some clothes and I'm done. I'm only tasking 4 rods and 4 reels. 60 odd lures.

Was talking to Clawhammer, had a bit of brief amusement when he told me he had respooled his heavy reel with 18lb line, until my laughing hysterically made him correct himself and say 18kilo line! I was still giggling a bit at that mind you!

Looking like a better than normal trip, no last minute drop outs this year!

I think I am packed....

Anything else that I havent got, I can either go without or pilfer from my new housemates ;-)

DO I NEED A PERMIT?

Before you go fishing in any of Queensland's dams, check the list below to see if you need a permit, called a Stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP). These are the 33 dams where a SIP is required.

You only need one permit per couple (married or de facto), and those under 18 do not need one at all.

Anyone want to hook up for the week and I will go halves in a permit as only need 1 per couple :P

Sorry Booty, your out of luck, you have to nominate your "partner" when you get the permit. Get it on line. Probably be able to get one either at Foxies or the Dam, but dont count on it.

Thanks for reminding me to check mine, although I always have it in my wallet, good to be sure!

Just burning a copy of AFO does Monduran 2008. I'll have my laptop, so bring your camera cables so I can collect any videos from this year to make a new production!

Feral wrote:

Sorry Booty, your out of luck, you have to nominate your "partner" when you get the permit. Get it on line. Probably be able to get one either at Foxies or the Dam, but dont count on it.

Thanks for reminding me to check mine, although I always have it in my wallet, good to be sure!

Just burning a copy of AFO does Monduran 2008. I'll have my laptop, so bring your camera cables so I can collect any videos from this year to make a new production!

Id love a copy of that :)

Good luck guys! Hope it all goes well.

Angus

Do$tylz wrote:

c'mon Feral.. post the damn piccies :D:P... who cares about the overzealous greenies. Don't give in to them mate... they don't need to take away your pleasure of sharing a fish picture on a fishing forum.

Oh alright.

Here is a couple of shots.

I managed to finish two of these on the trip - not bad for a Newbie. Many thanks to the nice ladies at the Gin Gin Op shop next to Foxies for helping me out when I got stuck. While those evil fisherpersons were in the tackle shop I was able to nip in next door for some good tips on knitting!

Pb260066.jpg

Here is a shot of Ferg trying to work out whether to go with no 4 or no 6 needles for the arvo session.

Pb270082.jpg

Sounds like a great trip fellas, well done!

Pity the big girls didnt want to play, maybe the timing was a bit out with the migration down to the basin, what do you think? The moon this week coming will be interesting!

Hard to say though, a lot of water has been pumped out lately. There were a lot of fish being pulled from the main basin island, and the island in the mouth of Bird 2 weeks ago when I was up last, looked like a parking lot in the late arvos, not for us, we found a few fish in H, 2 mile and around the first cut thru. Had a 50/50 conversion rate, but thats barra fishing.

Feral, sent you a couple of P.M.'s.

Feral wrote:

Myself and several other AFO members were called a liar by a certain catch and release Nazi in last years Monduran report. All I can say is this is still on the wall same as last year, despite what the C&R Nazi reckoned.

Sign on the wall at Monduran Resize_of_Pb240025.jpg

Yep, same sign for sure Feral.

Not to sure about some of what you have said though?

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/2-freshwater/152122-releasing-inpoundment-barra-best-practice#153241

Archived