Another Swap Meet 3rd May

Angus

Hey guys. Considering the success of the last AFO swap meet would anyone be keen on another?

I liked wello point as the location as we can have a fish as well.

I was thinking on the 3rd of May?

Meet up at like 10:00am for a BYO BBQ. This time allows for a fish beforehand.

Just throwing it out there.

Angus

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jeff f wrote:

sounds like fun, i'm in at this stage

should get some of the masters giving cast net lessons again to

Not a bad idea all Jeff. Im sure some people would be keen for that. Also I have been asked a few times by some younger members for tips and demo using SP's. I am far from a pro or expert so it might be good to get someone more skilled along if any of these guys want to learn.

I also know a few people sometimes shy away from AFO events as they feel they are not part of the group yet. This has been PM'd to me a few times. This laid back social event would be perfect to come along to say gday and meet more of the crew.

Cheers.

Angus

Its not bad beach and jetty fishing there at times Kev, there is also a small island (King Island I think) that you can walk out to, (a few hundred metres) and work the sand bank between the island and the mainland.

I'd also be extremely surprised if there weren't a few deckie spots going as well!

Feral wrote:

Its not bad beach and jetty fishing there at times Kev, there is also a small island (King Island I think) that you can walk out to, (a few hundred metres) and work the sand bank between the island and the mainland.

I'd also be extremely surprised if there weren't a few deckie spots going as well!

i mite just hit the beach its a nice spot last time i was there .

i don't mind a beach fish sand between my toes.

After the post made regarding a AFO Blub Day, Im just going to throw it out there and ask that members be generous with their deckie spots :)

Would be another great opportunity for some land based AFO anglers to have a crack from a boat and meet some more AFO crew.

Cheers.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I'm really looking forward to this one. Just a quick question. We just bought a small tinny with only a monnkita on it so far. Will Wello point be too crazy to take this small craft out on? It's a 49lb thrust.

Cheers guys

Cya there

DAn

thatkellychic wrote:

what exactly is a swap meet?
a meeting point where people sell, swap whatever they don't want anymore, a few of these sort of things happen through out the year at different places. i'll be going to this 1 to go for a fish down that way and to catch up with people you don't see to offen, ahh and the food if there's any left. i'll be hungry gus, all that fishin. :P

noname wrote:

quote]a meeting point where people sell, swap whatever they don't want anymore, a few of these sort of things happen through out the year at different places. i'll be going to this 1 to go for a fish down that way and to catch up with people you don't see to offen, ahh and the food if there's any left. i'll be hungry gus, all that fishin. :P

HA HA yeah story: i went to the servo on the weekend, walking past the pumps said gday to this bloke filling up a fuel can, didnt think to much of it and noticed he had a afo shirt on, said ah you from afo! he said yeah im allicat we have met before!, ding! light bulb on... we met at colmslie in the dark :laugh: meet too many people down there thru rob and shortie

Archived