Re:Shame, Shame, Shame !!

Dazzamcgee

Angus mate, read between the lines bud!!

They photo shopped a pic and went about putting it in their mag...

Thats just wrong!!

I post my thoughts in another topic and it was removed so explain that!

I aint jumping as I have done no wrong, they have and I have the right to voice an opinion! Right or wrong.....

Delete it/kick me/lock topic it doesnt change the facts..............

Who is "they" darren?

The editors?

Once again, I have explained they are the most annoyed.

One of their authors has submitted a photo and they in good trust have published it.

Are you saying if you did not know the back story you would have picked up on the photo shopped picture right away?

Blame the author mate, not the editors. They are the ones with the very crappy wne of the stick here.

Angus

davefishmad wrote:

whats this thread about ?

just curious

also Dazza all those full stops have made this post really hard to read as it has stretched the post length beyond my screen.

dave

Its over a report that was published in Bush N Beach. There was a photo of a very large cod with some other persons head photoshopped onto the body.

Pull your head out of your arse Dazza. How has Bush n Beach done anything shameful?

Got to say though I don't see there being any reason for the removal of the previous thread. Whats wrong with someone who considers themselves a fishing god being exposed as a fraud? Censoring things unnecessarily makes both AFO and Bush n Beach look dodgy.

Dave if the first post hadnt been removed u would understand what the topic is about!!

Angus this isnt a go at u mate im just agro that a well respected mag could do such a thing as to fake a picture.... agro....

I believed in the mag and now well, I feel as if I'm just another sucker paying to read made up crap.........

Darren Hinch maybe but its the truth.....SHAME SHAME SHAME

The author deserves all that he gets.............

dhess wrote:

Pull your head out of your arse Dazza. How has Bush n Beach done anything shameful?

Got to say though I don't see there being any reason for the removal of the previous thread. Whats wrong with someone who considers themselves a fishing god being exposed as a fraud? Censoring things unnecessarily makes both AFO and Bush n Beach look dodgy.

Yes they have #!!!! Fraud!!

Little disappointed that the original and clarification posts have both been removed. Its done, its happened, its uncovered as a fruad, its being discussed, and its now been removed.

No point putting ones head in the sand looking for pippis and worms as it aint going to mysteriously go away.

Darren I understand what your saying but what im trying to the say is the magazinr is dealing with the person at fault. In fact they are pretty pissed off espcially with the fall out like this.

So from the mags perspective I cant see what else you can expect from them.

* Issue an apology.

* Chastise the one at fault.

* Move on.

As far as im concerned they are doing everything they can to make some ammends for this stuff up.

Angus

I think this has caused alot of a stir. BnB have been contacted there apoligys have been said they claim to not have realised i think take there word for it i dont think they look over every pic with a fine tune comb..i understand the person who caught this fish would be angry as would i but fighting eachother over a published story isnt worth it..see what the outcome is next issue :)

Dazzamcgee wrote:

dhess wrote:

Yes they have dickhead!!!! Fraud!!

Easy now.

As everyone has said Dazza, it's less B&B's fault, it's all on the author. If someone had given you that photo would you have picked it as a fake? B&B is still reputable IMO, just not the author.

Wish the original thread hadn't been deleted.

Joel ;)

Ok guys maybe this has opened another can of worms but hey really it should have never been done. Faking pics geezzzz how low do they have to go to sell mags...

Maybe theirs a few that might be agro with my remarks but the truth is now out there so BnB has to put up with it like it or lump it.....

OBONE BNB is just as fault as the author due to the fact that they used fake info in their mag.....

The thread being removed was my fault.

I went to lock until I could get my head around the whole thing.

I accidently deleted it. Sorry to those that had made reasonable comments.

To make up for this I have readded my clarification and the photo's for your own judgement. Thread is now posted.

Feel free to discuss this topic as we are not fans of censorship, however digest the facts please before jumping up and down.

As I have said previously, Its an absolute **** of a thing to see happen, but I think the magazine is dealing with it as best they can. I personally blame the author and only the author.

Cheers.

i can understand a bit of the 'ill feeling' this has unearthed. i read the bush n beach but i've always had a slightly cynical view as it's pretty obvious it's massively commercial. fair enough it makes money (that's the idea right) and that keeps the mag running but like i'm even more pissed at the paper that advertises a boat at $33.500 as tested (in a boat test review) yet you can't buy it for under $35k. i've seen plenty of stuff in this mag. made complaints in the past and have been totally ignored. I'm not surprised this kind of thing is going on. i am surprised that they got caught doing it!

maccatuna wrote:

mate what a joke here u guys r pottering over a bloodyy pic in a mag stressing and getting agro... :laugh: this is better than bold and the beautiful ahh ha ha im goin fishin ill be back for the next episode..l
ben has done all the hard yards getting this mag to where it is, and a fool goes and does this, as much as we all say it's not bnb's fault, it will always be in the back of our minds. personally, i just don't like bullsh**ters! and if i see him i'll let him know too, to his face, not from the back fence.

rob

Dazza,

Sorry to have told you to pull your head out of your arse. It was unecessarily harsh.

I just fail to see why you are placing the blame on Bush N Beach. Surely they can't be expected to check the veracity of every photograph and passage of text published in their magazine. Think about it from their perspective. If you were the publisher of BnB would you doctor a photograph (poorly and blatantly) of what is a nice fish, but IMHO nothing too spectacular to risk the credibility of your magazine? To me it seems more likely to be the actions of a conman with a low self esteem rather than a fraudulent magazine.

Where I come from, if you have a bone to pick with someone, you do so. Then you wait and see what they are going to do about it. You dont rabidly attack them, those associated with them, or those who believe in a fair go.

Dazza I explained to you via PM when you questioned my original locking of the thread, that both Brian and Bush N Beach have good reputations to this point, and that we should let it play out.

IE lets see what Bush N Beach do, rather than being judge jury and executioner.

You tone, your words come much closer to slander than robust debate. Its sounding like you have a personal dislike of Brian Webb, Bush N Beach, or both.

Well, well, well,

I don't normally weigh into such arguments, I see more than my fare share. What I will say is I've only just read the post and can't believe the tone that has been used.

Again I don't know all the facts, although it appears alot of people do, or so they think. There are some fairly large accusations being made and I just wonder what investigations have you done (those making them), maybe plenty, again I don't know.

What I do know is it's ok to have an opinion, clearly, but these accusations question the integrity of those involved and I think that is a dangerous thing to do without all of the facts.

stingray wrote:

:laugh: And the guy who caught the real cod what a nice guy.. Why do this to him and his fish?

Shame,Shame,Shame

why destroy the memory of such a fine fish with such atrocious behaviour? what about that fish's family? what about his fingerlings? and his fingerlings fingerlings?

;);)

you now guys as it has been said that its not the mags fault ,but really is it the first time this has happend and i meen with all the other mags.i was reading artical once and seen a picture of a guy and a tuna and it was supossed to of been caught in WA(no magazines mentioned)and a few weeks later seen the exact picture with the same boat and same person and it was caught in notrh QLD.there could be many crappy resons why and whom have done this...but at the end of the day let the guys at bush and beach fix the issue and hopfully all the bad publisity from what has come of this be a learning point for future articals....

and hey ill be bying the next issue and so will most of the people who have read this.

keep up the good work bush and beach great mag

Freshy wrote:

Well, well, well,

I don't normally weigh into such arguments, I see more than my fare share. What I will say is I've only just read the post and can't believe the tone that has been used.

Again I don't know all the facts, although it appears alot of people do, or so they think. There are some fairly large accusations being made and I just wonder what investigations have you done (those making them), maybe plenty, again I don't know.

What I do know is it's ok to have an opinion, clearly, but these accusations question the integrity of those involved and I think that is a dangerous thing to do without all of the facts.

a lad from this website aparently caught the fish, i believe that photo of brian is from when he caught a tusk fish from the rainbow channel and left his camera back in the car, he also stated at that time which was why the photo was blacked out? hmmm or was it. i spoke to debbie at bnb today and ben has spoken to brian, and willing to sort it out when he gets back from fraser, as stated earlier in the piece. either way you have got to admit it is the same fish. interesting times ahead, thats for sure.

wow. People get all hot headed over a magazine article. I used to buy the magazine but gave up a long time ago. It is full of ads and plus most of the fishing reports are just that, fishing reports. Nothing in them to give much advice on how to actually catch the fish just reports of people that caught the fish. How mentally stimulating, NOT.

Who cares what has been done to a photo. It is done all the time in all the major publications. Talk about getting all fired up over nothing. Some chill pills might be the order of the day!!!!

Archived