a mates last wish!

noname

no words can explain what i feel reading this or about rob.

mate i got a steering cable out of a 14 foot glass boat.it about 5 mm plastic coated .its the type with the pulleys each side.

sounds any good to u to use ?

just had a look at it looks about 3mm .4 pullies and some of the plastic is cracked ,so prob no good.

Good onya Rob. Bloody stirring story this.

Why don't you come up with some extra little thing that might be needed on the boat like a VHF radio or GPS unit or storm covers etc and we can have a AFO Whip around for it ?

I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind chipping in.

yep would luv help anyway i can.

if i can help with $ . part time work and kids not much cash but could find a few bob.

could help with any wiring work .was a apprentice auto electrical and stereo fitter and electrical fitter .that sort of stuff from 16 to 28 .

labour or a cut and polish or something.should be able to get some gear from work and give the boat a buff to make it shine .or something.

jeeeez thanks for the kind words every 1, tomorrows efforts should see the trim ram now fixed as i noticed it weaping this arvo, and 2 interior lights placed in the boat and the steering cable all sorted.another mate who lives out esk way is comming down sunday and he's going to get it then. i really do appreciate the suggestions of help and $$$ but have it covered, well maybe a few afo stickers.

thanks rob

Rob, she be ready by the weekend? maybe we pitch in and pay his entry in to the classic, and you can hand him the keys at the weigh in? Get the local paper down to take his photo, I'd reckon they would go for it, they are always short of good news stories.

Feral wrote:

Rob, she be ready by the weekend? maybe we pitch in and pay his entry in to the classic, and you can hand him the keys at the weigh in? Get the local paper down to take his photo, I'd reckon they would go for it, they are always short of good news stories.
i'll ask him tomorrow, but he starts radiation treatment for the cancer on his brain thursday and goes through to next friday daily. gettin teary thinkin about it, mark suleau was going to send him a cherio over chanel 10 news 1 night, as it was his boat. but will find out when. thanks feral i'll put it to him hey.

rob

Archived