Chilly off to Gladstone

Brian D

Well I have a new local dam - Awoonga! I've taken a job at Gladstone. I will be swapping those undersized bass in Hinze for the meter pus Barra. I'll be chasing Jacks and Queenies in the Boyne River as apposed to the 20cm Albert Bass, not that fishing had anything to do with teh decision on where to live!

When I get my cabins and holdiay lettings up and running I'll do so AFO specials.

Ohhh - I'm so sad.

The new job is Secretary Manager of Gladstone Yacht Club. They need my help and I am more than happy to give it. I am looking to down size my job and find a new challenge at the same time. Drooped about $50k pa but quality of life will improve.

Are there crocs up there - crap I was taking the yaks.

Good luck with the move and job change by the sea. ;) as they say a change is as good as a hloiday

Bugger!!! I haven't got my marks for that area anymore, although I'm preety sure I can still get some from my mates up there.

Atleast you wont become a stranger, as Glenda & I get up that way fairly often so you can get that "Charter" up n running in quick time.

Best place to buy or live up there would be over at Tannum even better with sea views..

shame to see u go .

but the move for quality of life vs $ is a great idea i reckon.

only met u twice at SSO and at the garage sale ,but u seam like a good bloke and a really nice guy .

guess u will be missed .

a fare well brian sounds like a great idea .

good reason for a causal social ,a fish and bbq at the park or a trip to a pub .

Brian D wrote:

THanks Loz, I was counting on some advise from you and a few contacts ;) .

What about Clinton, up on the hill, any good?

Yea mate, I'll see you get some marks to start you off ;) Just get a decent GPS with a chart and a big screen :laugh: my eyes arent as good as they were. :unsure::unsure:

As for Clinton. Fair but not good if wind blowing from the north or north/west.comes in off the smelters and the coal stockpiles etc.

Good luck with the new job Brian, if i'm up that way i'll look you up and catch up for a beer or 2 !! Oh and have a fish maybe!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll catch up with you at Monduran anyway !! :laugh: :laugh:

Does this mean ya wont be able to make the SOO ?? :(:(

Cheers. :lol::lol:

Archived