Things to do when its raining

flexo

So with all the rain around and no bimini on the boat, all the reels serviced ,all lures with new trebbles, soft plastics sorted reels spooled , what now???. I know lets change the fish tank layout. Now the average fish tank to clean and do a water change takes 1/2 maybe 1 hour 2 hours if you clean the filters, My tank takes 3-4 hours to do a water change 2-3 hours to clean the gravel 1-1.5 hours to clean the filter and countless hours arranging rocks cleaning glass ect.This time however I decided to go the hole hog and remove every thing except the fish and the gravel.as no to stress the fish 2 much I did this over 2 week ends

The first weekend remove 100+kg of rocks and wood clean gravel through filter as not to lose water. replace some rocks for fish to hide in clean filter and rocks leave for a week .

The next week end 500ltr water change replace rocks and wood add a few of plastic plants and this is what you get.

IMG_1884_AFO.jpg

Little Grey Men wrote:

That's a really beautiful setup mate :) I've got a tank full of cichlids...on rainy days I tie a length of sewing cotton to a drinking straw and tie tiny bits of raw chicken to the other end. Real finesse fishing..they actually go pretty hard for little squirts !!!

Hahaha - love it - I would do the same. Sweet setup Flexo.

Cheers.

that's a mega nice look tank .

looks like the one's at the shows or the ekka .

i thought 6 footers look big 12 foot that's massive.

i don't know if its cause of the fish tank activity on here or cause i my daughters fan tails here .

but i got off my lazy ass today and clean and cut all the sealer out of my tank to reseal it .

i showed the mrs the pics ,she said no i can't have 1 .

i didn't even ask.

mind readers hey .

iv kept many kinds of fish and reptiles over the past 6+ years iv never had the pleasure of owning a tank that big that b@stard would be heavy! has the kind of size you would ask of a proper native setup ither that or a nice tankbuster to munch up all ur exess cichlid fry

Archived