What I've bought...

Do$tylz

My new Daiwa RegalPlus 500BRi arrived today from the US cost me 82 bucks inc post and saved myself $50. Love the exchange rate at the moment B)

Was going to get a new rod once the reel turned up but turns out it balanced perfectly on a wlison 10kg ocean spin I bought years ago but never used and is basically brand new :woohoo: , so saved myself a few bucks there and have a nice combo for snapper.

[attachment=29860]IMG_0896.jpg[/attachment]

Ive had one of these for a while and i got it second hand... it feels like its gunna break and the baitrunner is pooed.... but still managed a 101 mackie on 8kg line that i didnt think id land

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some new reels I have bought for my return to Queensland. :woohoo:

post-3112-144598591451_thumb.jpg

Daiwa Regal 5000 BRI spooled with 15lb and 30lb

post-3112-144598591457_thumb.jpg

TLD25 spooled with 1km of 40lb braid plus backing

post-3112-144598591466_thumb.jpg

Pflueger Asaro (this will complement my Daiwa HRF)

post-3112-144598591473_thumb.jpg

ABU 6000

I tell u it is hard looking at these reels with nowhere to use them. I have considered taking the TLD25 down the road to try and catch some trout with sx40's just to see the look on the peoples faces. B)

TLD25 spooled with 1km of 40lb braid plus backing

am i reading this properly 1km of 40lb.... this is bogerling my mind how is this possible, please tell

Yes u have read my post correctly. I don't wana blow ur mind so here goes... I put about 50meters of backing, then i got the 1km spool of braid i bought and wound the whole thing onto the TLD25. Braid is lots thinner then its mono counterpart, so u normally get twice as much on a reel :woohoo: I was surprised it fitted but it did.. and man it took ages to wind on..

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump as it has been around for over a year and is designed to show recent purchases / bling you just had to have.

Some newer members may not realise it's here so you don't have to start a new thread everytime you pop down to the shops... ;)

Oh yeah...

and this arrived today... :evil:

5712267147_6890134b61_z.jpg

Awesome choice there dobsy, steez are one of my faves by far! have one in 2508 and love it

It's very choice.

Was deciding between a Certate and Steez then I just so happened across this one at an unbeatable price so the decision was made.

Well after breaking my Interline on a Tuna earlier last week a new rod was needed to fit the Stradic CI4 4000 to. Wanted something strong, light, well made and able to handle a wide weight range. Enter LuckyCraft rods, picked one up from Fishhead today and although not a super expensive rod they are made beautifully and are light as a feather, can handle 1/16th through to 1/2 oz and is rated 3-10kg. Now to catch something on it.

post-5191-144598622067_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Mark

Well after breaking my Interline on a Tuna earlier last week a new rod was needed to fit the Stradic CI4 4000 to. Wanted something strong, light, well made and able to handle a wide weight range. Enter LuckyCraft rods, picked one up from Fishhead today and although not a super expensive rod they are made beautifully and are light as a feather, can handle 1/16th through to 1/2 oz and is rated 3-10kg. Now to catch something on it.

[attachment=34478]17052011056.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers

Mark

Nice rod mate! That lure's a bit crazy - squid imitation?

Nice!

What's that lure Mark?

The lure is a Daiwa Lazy 8S it's a lipless sinking minnow 80mm and 11gm i'm hoping the local Longtails might take a liking to it.

Cheers

Mark

Might as well give it a crack, aren't pink and white the go-to colours for the longtails? - this lure looks like it's got both

Archived