SOO report - tales from the terrace

kriso

righto going to dribble a fair bit here so hope i dont put you to sleep.

It all started with picking up henrys boat on wed night , loaded up and had a quick look for a not so evident wont start problem ( started fine at my house and proceeded too all weekend) got home and got all my gear ready, next day i thought i might just check the wheel bearings for movement so jacked the trailer up and found excessive play in both wheels so off to my mates workshop to pull apart and fix before i pick henry up from work, well found one side was pretty shot so put some nice new bearings and seals in and away i was to pick up henry ,picked up henry and we where away down the highway to brunswick both totaly pumped and excited that work was finished and a few days of fun was ahead, so on went the iPod for a few cool old school tracks some may be familar with ( here comes the hot stepper,whoop there it is and another old fav the rump shaker- if your between say 23- 30 yo you will be laughing at this point the rest will be scratching your head thinkg WTF)

we arrive at our humble abode for the weekend at the terraces van park. nice waterfront cabin and close to the pub. we quickly unload and cruise round to ferry reserve where harry potter, ray, dennis , trav, scope, t-box and a few more where listenting to harrys drama about some dude from slitheran. and also chatting about the days fishing and planning the fishing yet to be done while ray the champ he is was cooking up some redclaw for everyone to enjoy.

after a while we headed back to the cabin to relax and turn in for the night , henry had found his shampoo bottle had exploded in his over night bag and proceeded to empty everything out to clean it, was disturbed for 2 reasons- why does a bloke have so much product with him and what the hell was he doing bringing frangers with him when there was only me and him staying there! after a cheeky photo of this while he was busy to show you guys i asked him WTF! we had a good laugh about it and i made sure my bedroom door was locked after that lol .

so we got up early the next day got our fishing license and registerd and hit the water, well the river was pretty bad at low tide being just like the brissie after a decent fall of rain visibility was terrible - we made our way upstream and was casting away when henry caught a 36cm flattie after a quick pic it was sent back home and we continued on , i had been getting wind knots and poor casting distance all morn when henry finaly bites the bullet and tells me i cant cast for shit and i replied with i know, after a few tips and tricks i now have found out i cast alot better left handed and the knotting problems started to disappear, then i started pulling off some skip casting! still couldnt raise a scale though. Got a phone call from booty asking where we were and with 5 mins or so i see him motoring up towards us- he had a blue flag mounted on his boat - so after a quick chat and decision to change location and look for some clearer water we headed off, while henry was driving i pulled out my phone to see what this blue flag meant in maritime flags- turns out it meant bats for wrong team and cannot fish to save himself fancy that! lol

once we got around the bridge towards the mouth in the lower reaches the water had gone nice and clear and both henry and i where getting interest from some fish with a small school of bream following the lures in but just couldnt get them to bite. i managed a 34cm flattie and dropped another one that felt a bit bigger and henry boated the smallest flattie i had ever seen, saw jono on the water he had a maroon flag which we all knew meant champion bloke and great fisherman and after a quick wave decided to have a sniff around the marina to see if we could boat a few fish.

well found a top little corner with small trevs busting every now and then and worked the moored boats and pylons with no luck and a decision to stop for lunch. had a quick feed and picked up angus to join us for a flick, worked some rock walls and angus spot x where henry pulled out a little trev and i droped one.

after that we pulled the pin as it was starting to get dark and proceeded with dinner and a few drinks.

the next morning after waking with a slight head ache from a bit more then a few drinks we where off again - henry who bailed early in the night felt fine and decided 8am was a perfect time to start drinking corona with a hangover and thought it would be wise i joined him ( it went down like nails!) we pumped some yabbies with little bream darting between our legs picking up what fell out of the pump and we headed off to the rockwall out the front, found a decent school of big mullet and noticed quite a few bream swimming around with them so deployed the yabbies unweighted and started to pull rat bream after rat bream in helping knock up a few points for the QLD team when suddenly henry got something with a bit more pull -and up comes a nice size luderick! in the live well she goes after a nice lox loaded photo and we continue fish while i think about how good one of the mullet would be for strip baits- well after a quick chat about not having any bread on board to do the job i said we needed something small and white and suggested maybe a durrie filter?

a quick laugh was had and the filter was deployed, was hard to get in the strike zone with a piece of unweighted filter when i finaly put it right in the middle of them and they all came together for a looks and quick strike and im on to a big fat mullet laughing like a school girl! after a decent fight on 4lb gear up comes a mullet just shy of 50cm! was stoked and into the live well he went! decided to go for lunch again where afterwards i swapped boats and joined tomca and keen as for session so johny and becky could have ride with henry.

worked the marina with dennis and tom with lures but still couldnt convert them with only a few follows from small bream or trevs. managed to loose a lure due to a poor cast way off target and that was about it for me before we pulled the boat out and headed to the pub for dinner and a quick drink . afterwards a quite nite was decided and henry and i thought we would throw some yabbies around the river infront of our cabin, well small bream, and a eel tailed catfish and small flat head where caught and looked to be what was on the fishing menu that night when i had a hit on a dead yabbie hanging off a jig head and started reel in when the fish realised it was hooked and made a bolt for the bridge pylons, i tried to turn the fish immediatley and it spat the hook after a couple of curses i wound in and found the jig head had been bitten through the lead spine and bent the hook shaft! we both decided i probably just lost my first jack! (not happy jan)

after that pulled the pin and hit the sack.

woke up sunday morn and went to the cafe for a nice big brekkie and decided we would throw out some breadx 40 's for some bream with little bream one after the gettin pulled in. when straddie brad brings a nice 35cm bream on a prawn head!

had a good chat with everyone and drooled over the toys franco and mike brought down from uncharted tackle and checked out some flying fisherman sunnies (very nice) and cheered on the winners of there respective catergories before attaching the boat and heading home from a tops weekend.

big thanks to Johnny and Gus for putting together such a good comp and to the sponsors for donating some absolutley fantastic prizes and also to every one who managed to read this far without falling asleep and also my skipper henry who i had a blast fishing with all weekend!

couple pics to follow cheers guys and gals! henrys_stuff.jpg

henrys hand bag contents

Do$tylz wrote:

Good report Kris... mate there's a few things I forgot about from that report.

I had a killer time and rocked it with the panda hat.

Got some more photos to load a bit later tonight... can't do it at work right now... too bloody busy.

Me to Henry :P

Love the Panda Hat as well.

Great picture below titled "thats not my mouth". :P

Great report Kriso.

Still love the durry butt mullet :P

Angus

. panda.jpg

Scope wrote:

Top report Kriso, shame about the jack but not many people can say they've caught a fish on a durry butt! Speaking of which, that mullet is that big you could just about surf on its forehead!

Jono

Yeah jono it was a corker awesome fight on 4lb too thought i would leave the butt and hook still attached for proof because if someone told me the caught it on a butt i would be a bit scepticle lol!

kriso wrote:

also henry has some under vids of the mullet and a bream he might be able to upload if he gets time, also if tackle box or kreel can delete a few chins and make me look like a hulk like jono that would be good too lol!!

Your wish is my chance to make you look like a goose.

[br] Kriso_2_x_3.jpg

kreel wrote:

kriso wrote:
also henry has some under vids of the mullet and a bream he might be able to upload if he gets time, also if tackle box or kreel can delete a few chins and make me look like a hulk like jono that would be good too lol!!

Your wish is my chance to make you look like a goose.

[br] Kriso_2_x_3.jpg

yep use the middle pic for my centrefold gus lol, as for the pic with extra hair i havent had that since i was 18 rofl!!

kriso wrote:

Cheers snapsnap best thing about doing the report at work is you get paid for it lol!

That's right Kriso rub it in - I've had to write my reports for the past 20 weeks in my own time! Can't wait to get back to work so I can take advantage of the MAN!

Archived